VEGGIE McMUFFIN, COMFORT FOOD AT ITS FINEST
Veggie McMuffin is a thing. Vegan, comforting, and delicious. On today’s #LunchBreakLIVE, Karine Charbonneau founder of Find Veg Love, aka Vegan Cupid, shows us how to make this favorite vegan comfort food in a flash. Everyone needs a cheat day from their perfectly healthy diet, so why not have this scrumptious breakfast sandwich once in a while? Let’s take a look at how it is done…
VEGAN CUPID | VEGAN MATCHMAKER | VEGAN DATING EXPERT
Karine Charbonneau, aka Vegan Cupid, is a Vegan Matchmaker & Vegan Dating Expert who helps her clients meet their veg match. She lives and breathes vegan dating, love, and relationships and has been helping vegan and vegetarian singles find love for over ten years in various capacities.
She’s hosted matchmaking events in over 100 cities and has a network of over 40,000 veg singles across North America. Karine became a vegan matchmaker because she is passionate about helping veg singles find compassionate animal-loving soulmates.
In addition to helping her clients find love, Vegan Cupid also helps them to confidently navigate modern dating, and find and keep healthy lasting partnerships.
VEGGIE McMUFFIN, HAPPINESS IN EVERY BITE
Karine calls this Veggie McMuffin the dirty weekend sandwich – warning: this is NOT one of those super healthy breakfasts… It’s for when you’re having a craving for something junky. She and her partner created this recipe together, so so she can’t take all the credit for it! He is a master at creating veganized versions of junky foods. The recipe has evolved over time and has several variations based on how hungry/junky you’re feeling that day. The sandwich is a take on the McDonald’s Egg McMuffin, only better cause it’s vegan!
Dirty Weekend Sandwich: Veggie McMuffin
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 1 folded Just Egg
- 1 Gardien breakfast sausage patty
- ½ hash brown
- 1 slice of smoky vegan cheese
- ¼ bell pepper red or orange
- 1 piece of lettuce romaine or green leaf
- 2 tsp of ketchup
- Step 1 - Bake the hash brown (as per package instructions)
- Step 2 - Cook sausage patty in a frying pan, add folded Just Egg to same pan (you’ll want to plan so that everything is pretty much ready at the same time (or keep warm)
- Step 3 - 2 minutes before your Just Egg is ready - open it up and add cheese and peppers)
- Step 4 - Toast english muffin
- Step 5 - Assemble your sandwich ---> put ketchup on both sides, lettuce, sausage, hash brown, Just Egg, gently squish together
- Step 6 - Eat it 🙂
- Optional toppings
- Sliced tomato, fresh cucumber, salsa instead of ketchup, mayo
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US FOR THIS DIRTY WEEKEND SANDWICH
I love a good cheat day meal and this Veggie McMuffin sounds perfect! Give it a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your sandwich and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. If you are looking for other tasty vegan recipes to cook up be sure to visit the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl