VEGAN CHICKEN AND PANCAKES, PROTEIN PACKED
Vegan ‘chicken’ and pancakes! How can you possibly go wrong? This is a take on the popular chicken and waffles dish with a vegan twist. The pancakes are fortified with vegan protein powder, the vegan ‘chicken’ is seasoned with roasted veggies and a glaze sauce! Today’s #LunchBreakLIVE featured chef is actress Carolina Guitterez from Barranquilla, Colombia. As a proud, Latina transgender woman, Carolina is not only an animal advocate but is also a passionate advocate for trans rights. Let’s see how she made this incredibly delicious meal…
A PASSION FOR ADVOCACY
Carolina Gutierrez is a Colombian-born actress living in Los Angeles, CA. Carolina is not only devoted to her craft as an actor but also works as a content creator, fitness instructor, and transgender activist. As an openly Latinx transgender woman, Carolina has used her visibility in social media to advocate for transgender rights in the US and the world with her bilingual content reaching millions of people with her voice.
Carolina has also been a proud vegan for the past 7 years promoting the vegan lifestyle, fighting against animal cruelty, and educating about all the positive benefits of veganism throughout her social media platforms including her Instagram @caroland14 and her youtube channel “Caroland.”
Carolina values her connection and engagement with her followers above all and creating a community of well-minded individuals that care about their own health, all animals, the environment, and the wellbeing of our society while upholding values of equality, love, and sympathy for all sentient beings alike.
CHICKEN AND PANCAKES, YES IT’S VEGAN! BUT YOU’D NEVER KNOW!
This recipe is a take on the popular American chicken and waffles dish only it is cruelty-free, totally vegan, and absolutely delicious!. The pancakes have added vegan protein powder, the ‘chicken’ is crispy to perfection and accompanied by a small spinach and strawberry salad with glazed balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. It is the perfect comfort food meal!
Vegan Protein Pancakes
- 3/4 cup of Vegan Pancake Mix Birch Benders Organic Classic Pancake Mix
- 1 cup of Vegan Protein Powder Organic Protein™ Plant Based Protein Powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 spoonful of vegan butter Earth Balance Vegan Soy free Butter
- Maple Syrup Birch Benders Monk fruit Syrup
- Set pan on medium heat, pour spoonful of vegan butter till it melts and coats base of pan. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl until ready to pour into pan to create pancakes. Once ready to serve, pour syrup on top of pancakes at your own discretion.
- 5 strips of Vegan Chkn Gardein Crispy Tenders
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tomato
- Adobot all purpose seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chop 1/4 of the sweet onion and mince into small pieces. Chop 1/4 of the tomate and mince into small pieces and pout into pan coated with olive oil on medium heat and let it sizzle for a 3 mins before placing crispy tenders into pan and allow to cook for about 5 mins. After, sprinkle all seasonings based on how spiced you would like your dish. Continue to cook until cripy tendres are golden and ready to serve.
TIME FOR BRUNCH!
This vegan ‘chicken’ and pancakes dish is perfect for a brunch gathering! It is sure to impress your friends and family with all the flavors! Plus the added protein! If you make this recipe be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Leave a comment here and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other plant-based recipes to try be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.