CRAVING SOME DELICIOUS LEMON RICE? WE GOT YOU!
Easy breezy lemon squeezy instant pot lemon rice on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE! In the kitchen, we have chef Alisha V, TikTok sensation, content creator, and founder of The Lish Life. Let’s take a look at how she creates this incredibly simple yet flavorful dish.
CHEF AND SOCIAL MEDIA SENSATION
Alisha V is a vegan content creator with a passion for simple, accessible, and delicious plant-based cooking. She founded her blog, The Lish Life, in 2017 and continues to use her platform to inspire compassion for animals, humans, and the environment through her love of food. In 2020, Alisha published her first cookbook, Air-Fried & Plant-Based, featuring 12 vegan air fryer recipes.
DUST OFF YOUR INSTANT POT
Some key spices, lemon, and rice are all you need to make this delicious dish. Oh yeah and an Instant Pot. Have it as a side dish, or as your full meal. Either way, you will enjoy every bite. The turmeric gives this rice a beautiful yellow color, and the spices and lemon give it a burst of flavor. Make it for your friends at your next dinner party and you will likely get many requests for the recipe.
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 tbsp urad dal split matpe beans
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp crushed red chili
- 3 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups white basmati rice rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- select the sauté function on your instant pot & set the timer for 5 minutes.
- once heated, add the oil & urad dal. sauté for about 1 minute, until the lentils change color from white to a light pinkish brown.
- add mustard seeds & sauté for an additional minute.
- add the remaining seasonings: ginger, turmeric, crushed red chili, bay leaves, & salt. sauté everything for an additional 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- add the uncooked rice to the instant pot & stir to mix in the seasonings. rice should develop a faint yellow color from the turmeric.
- cancel the sauté function. add dry roasted peanuts, lemon juice, & water & stir.
- seal the instant pot, ensuring the steam valve is set to sealing. pressure cook on high for 5 minutes, then allow the pressure to naturally release for an additional 5 minutes.
- manually release the remaining pressure. using a kitchen towel, gently turn the steam valve from the sealing to the venting position. once the valve clicks back into place, it is safe to open the pot.
- garnish the lemon rice with cilantro & fresh lemon wedges. serve warm with a side of nondairy yogurt.
LUNCHTIME IS THE BEST TIME!
Thanks for joining us for another awesome #LunchBreakLIVE show. Remember, we are LIVE everyday at 12:30 pm PST on Facebook, featuring a different vegan chef daily. So be sure to watch! Give this yummy lemon rice a try and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for more plant-based recipes to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.