Vegan Pumpkin Muffins, Perfect Fall Recipe
Who doesn’t love the pumpkin flavors of the Fall! On this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE, we have 13-year-old vegan chef Nyla Reese, creator of Nyla’s Petite Bakery, preparing her original recipe for us. These bite-sized vegan pumpkin muffins are certain to become a favorite go-to recipe for the family, so go ahead and give them a try. Let’s take a look at how Nyla makes these little treats…
ABOUT NYLA’S PETIT BAKERY
Nyla Reese, the owner of Nyla’s Petite Bakery, is a 13-year-old plant-based baker. She has been vegan for almost 3 years with her mom and her younger sister. She started making her delicious plant-based sweets in November 2020! Located in Harlem, NY, she vendors her delicious, petite, sweet treats at selective events!
Nyla’s Petite Bakery is a vegan bakery that makes bite-sized plant-based desserts. She makes petite donuts (with different flavors), muffins (with different flavors), cakes and cupcakes that are tasty, and vegan! Her inspiration came from the craving for vegan sweet treats locally but it was a late night and the cupboards were empty except ingredients to her first-ever dessert, blueberry muffins! “The muffin size turned out small, but I enjoyed it!” she says. So ever since then, all her desserts are bite-sized!
YOU CAN HAVE THESE VEGAN PUMPKIN MUFFINS MADE IN MINUTES
It’s the season for all things pumpkin flavored. These cute little muffins have the taste of Fall in every bite. They are a fun recipe to make with the kiddos, so go ahead and give them a try, you won’t be disappointed. They are moist, flavorful, and bring in the pumpkin spice and everything nice flavors we desire this season. The ingredients are simple, in fact, you may have most of them in your cupboard already.
Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Muffin Batter:
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup coconut oil melted or any oil of your choice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: a splash of date syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. (if using the oven)
- Add and mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Fill muffin molds ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. (if using oven)
- Put dough into an electric mini muffin maker. Once fully cooked, let cool for 5-7 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Store leftover muffins in a container in your refrigerator for up to 6 days. You can also freeze these muffins for up to 2 months. To thaw, pull the muffins from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for several hours.
BRING ON FALL WITH VEGAN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
This is a great recipe for the season, perfect for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning, allowing you to save room for the giant vegan feast that comes later in the day or evening. Give Nyla’s recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo and tag @Unchained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy vegan recipes to try? Head on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.