Vegan Pasta Recipe That Is So Easy To Make Yet Super Tasty!
Plant-based lemon pepper pappardelle pasta in olive oil, spices, lemon & red pepper flakes with basil! This is a vegan pasta recipe that will blow your mind because it is so incredibly flavorful and so simple to prepare. Guest chef Joe Hehl, creator of the vegan recipe blog: “Dragged Through The Garden,” joins us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE, showing us exactly how to throw this pasta dish together. let’s take a look…
MAKING VEGAN COOKING APPROACHABLE
Joe cooks, cleans, and voices the mildly cynical, albeit conversational vegan recipe blog called Dragged Through The Garden. With a focus on veganizing nostalgic/latchkey fare, discontinued fast-food menu items, and regionally niche American cuisine, Joe’s mission in DTTG is providing approachable, step-by-step recipes free of lengthy intros and long-winded paragraphs. Joe also can’t afford a nice camera. Based in Chicago, Illinois with no formal culinary training whatsoever, the idea of “why isn’t there a vegan version of this uber-romanticized latchkey dish on the internet” subsequently blossomed into Dragged Through The Garden, a phrase in reference to the vegetable-dense makeup of the Chicago-style hot dog. But, also somewhat redefined as making familiar dishes vegan by dragging them through the garden. DTTG is unpretentiously geared toward an audience of those who wish to experiment with plant-based cuisine and recreate nostalgic fare sans meat or dairy. Joe also offers menu consultation and recipe development for restaurants and breweries looking to expand into the world of vegan options. He also dabbles in freelance writing.
Let’s See How To Make This Vegan Pasta Recipe
Lemon pepper pappardelle is a tasty pasta flavored with olive oil, spices, lemon, and red pepper. You also get just the right amount of basil added in, making for a perfect combo of flavors in every bite. Your kitchen will be filled with so many delicious aromas while you cook up this recipe. It is a filling meal that would be a perfect main dish for a friendly dinner party, so go ahead and give it a try.
Lemon Pepper Pappardelle
- Pappardelle pasta make sure it is vegan, lots have eggs
- ½ white onion – chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic – chopped
- Fresh basil – julienned
- Red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Oat milk
- Vegan Parm wedge
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Heavily salt water. Add pasta once boiling.
- In separate pan, add enough olive oil to coat bottom of pan
- Add onions and garlic, cook until fragrant. Not browned.
- Add ½ tbsp of salt, ½ tbsp of pepper and ½ tbsp of red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add a splash of oat milk to mixture and stir quickly. Add ¼ cup of oat milk and bring flame up, reduce by half.
- Remove pasta from water once al dente and add pasta to sauce, stir thoroughly. Reserve some pasta water on side. Bring temperature up to medium high.
- Add 1/8 cup of pasta water to mixture and continue to stir.
- Add juice of half of lemon. Use grater and add lemon zest to taste.
- Grate vegan parm directly into pasta and stir. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove pasta from pan and plate, garnish with fresh basil, vegan parm and lemon zest.
THE PASTA PARTY COMES TO AN END
All good things come to an end, but man was this a tasty episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. I hope you give this vegan pasta recipe a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @Unchained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to cook up? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl