A Simple and Flavorful Pasta Fagioli
Ciao! It’s always soup season in my opinion! This recipe for Pasta Fagioli takes just minutes to prepare! In Italian, Fagioli means “beans” so literally translated it’s a bean and pasta soup! Soups are fun and easy as well as inexpensive to make and this one is no exception! Totaling at around $4 for this entire pot (that is if you happen to have all the basic spices needed at home already) this is a hearty, delicious, and effortless way to fill your belly with many delicious flavors.
Love In Every Bite
We love it when Tonia joins us in the kitchen. Her recipes are always so unique and flavorful, but super simple. Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on UnChainedTV. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
How To Make Pasta Fagioli In A Flash!
What’s so great about this meal is its simplicity, inexpensive ingredients, and nutritional value. It is filled with veggies and legumes, and, of course, a bit of pasta! Adding just the right amount of spices gives a scrumptious flavor to every bite. The base is made from tomatoes, which you can make thick or a bit thinner, whatever you prefer. So go ahead and give it a try. You won’t regret it!
- 4 Roma tomatoes blended
- 2 C dry pasta such as penne fusilli or shells
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 2 C frozen vegetable medley of your choice
- 1 15oz can of rinsed and drained garbanzo beans
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- 5 C water
- Blend the tomatoes until they're the consistency you'd like. Blend longer if you'd like a smooth, thick base. Add to a large pot. Add the 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Add the pasta, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat. Stir in frozen vegetables and rinsed and drained chick peas. Add in the can of diced tomatoes. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season to taste with sea salt. *top with your favorite vegan parmesan if you'd like!
An Italian Feast!
I hope you enjoyed this tasty Italian Pasta Fagioli recipe as much as I did! Give it a try and let us know if you liked it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other fun plant-based recipes to try? Jump on over to our recipe page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl