BUDDHA BOWL FROM LITTLE MISS SNARKY
How to make a “Luscious Yet Lazy Buddha Bowl with Spicy Hummus Dressing!” That Snarky Vegan Girl shows us her tricks & skills in the kitchen on #LunchBreakLIVE! Buddha Bowls are a great choice for lunch because they are generally healthy and super simple to throw together. They are also very versatile and you can easily make it your own by throwing in your favorite ingredients. Also, check out the amazing VeggiDome.com which keeps vegetables fresh and crisp on your counter in plain sight! It will have you eating lots more veggies!
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BUDDHA BOWL INGREDIENTS?
My favorite ingredients for a good Buddha Bowl are mushrooms, tofu, quinoa, and spinach. But pretty much anything can go into a Buddha Bowl. Make it your own, make it special, make it healthy, and enjoy every bite! Below is the recipe for the bowl Snarky made, which is pretty darn good, so go ahead and copy her bowl if you’d like. You won’t be disappointed.
RECIPE: That Snarky Vegan Girl’s Buddha Bowl
INGREDIENTS (for sauté)
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu, preferably pressed with a “tofu press” available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2veAW0E
- 1 – 2 handfuls of raw broccoli
- 4 whole mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c rice, (your choice)
- 2 c spinach or spinach & kale mixture
INGREDIENTS (for dressing)
- 1/4 c hummus (store bought or make your own if you’re not lazy like me)
- hot sauce, to taste (I used chipotle red pepper)
- water (enough to achieve desired consistency of the hummus)
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Bragg’s aminos, to taste
DIRECTIONS (for dressing)
- In a small bowl combine about two heaping tablespoons of hummus
- Slowly add some water and stir until you get the desired consistency. Add additional water, as needed, so it’s similar to pourable dressing.
- Add Bragg’s
- Mix in nutritional yeast (or more if desired)
- Add hot sauce
- Mix until thoroughly blended
- Set aside for now
DIRECTIONS (for sauté)
- Cut tofu into cubes. Lightly spray with oil. (omit oil if you choose)
- Put tofu in air fryer at 390 degrees F for about 20 minutes
- Steam broccoli till desired tenderness, then drain.
- Water sauté sliced mushrooms and add greens when mushrooms are tender.
- Then sauté together till greens shrink down.
- Cook rice in instant pot (or stove top)
- Arrange neatly in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over veggies and sprinkle with chipotle chili powder.
Thank You For Stopping By For Lunch
This was a fun episode with That Snarky Vegan Girl showing us how to make her special and healthy Buddha Bowl. She also makes some mean vegan tacos. You can check out that recipe and episode here.
What's Your Reaction?
Jane Velez-Mitchell is an award-winning TV journalist and New York Times best-selling author. She is the founder of UnchainedTV and the host of several shows on the network.