A protein-packed, super easy, and quick summer dish you won’t want to miss!! Garbanzo Bean Salad with The Superfood Goddess and The Sarah Lea. Sarah is an animal Psychologist and Animal communicator. She is hugely in tune with body language and can help you learn to understand your dog. Check her out on Instagram as @thesarahlea or thesarahlea.com. Stephanie The Superfood Goddess is a holistic plant-based health coach and you can check her out on Instagram @thesuperfoodgoddess or thesuperfoodgoddess.com.
Garbanzo beans are very healthy, full of fiber, no fat, low calories, protein-packed, and have essential vitamins and minerals useful for our bodies. They are full of flavor and so versatile, making them easy to use in a variety of dishes.
According to Stephanie, the shallots in this recipe don’t overpower the taste too much. When they marinate in the vinegar for a little bit, they aren’t as potent as when they are totally raw. Shallots are from the onion and garlic family. They’re flavorful, boast some antioxidant action-which is good for fighting free radicals.
So let’s see what these two kitchen magicians cooked up for us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE.
Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 2 Cans Garbanzos
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Italian Parsley curly parsley is okay too
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 small Shallot
- -Drain the Garbanzo beans and place them in a bowl.
- -Chop the shallot and parsley and add to the bowl.
- -Add the vinegar, oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- -If you feel it needs some more seasoning you can add it now or if you’re letting it sit overnight, taste it the next day and see if it needs more seasoning then.
- -Serve and ENJOY!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.