BBQ JACKFRUIT TACOS DROPPED FROM THE VEGAN GODS!
Drool with me over these amazing BBQ Jackfruit Tacos, or you can make sliders if you prefer. This is one of our guest Chef’s favorite meals for the summertime when we start grilling and hanging under the sun more! Jackfruit is a super awesome food to mimic “pulled pork” and it absorbs flavors like crazy, so it is a perfect choice ingredient for BBQ tacos. Today’s Chef, The Superfood Goddess, Stephanie Bosco, shows us how it’s done.
THE SUPERFOOD GODDESS
Stephanie Bosco, also known as The Superfood Goddess, is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Coach. She specializes in Plant-based & gluten-free cooking to elevate mental health and the gut microbiome. Other than coaching, she teaches cooking classes online and at festivals, is a private chef, creates delicious whole-food plant-based recipes for her blog, and enjoys building up other brands and women doing good in the world. She is currently studying a Master’s in Clinical Nutrition while working with one on one individual and group coaching clients. She believes in the power of positivity in any situation and that you have the ability to change your circumstances if you change your mindset. Stephanie is a firm believer that by taking the time to learn and grow, understanding others, and creating more compassion, we can achieve a kinder world.
TIME TO LOOK AT THESE DELICIOUS JACKFRUIT TACOS
Tacos, as we know, are popular with most people. Frankly, I eat them several times a week. It’s “Taco Tuesday” every day in my book. And Jackfruit Tacos are one of my favorite kinds. As mentioned before, the Jackfruit absorbs flavors so wonderfully that every bite is pure bliss. Smothered in BBQ sauce and wrapped in a taco shell or tortilla makes this meal pure perfection. If you choose to, you can also make them into Jackfruit Sliders as well….but I think I will stick to the Tacos option. haha.
BBQ pulled Jackfruit Tacos, Sandwich, or a bowl.
- 2- 20 ounce Can of jackfruit
- 3/4 Cup BBQ sauce
- 3 Tablespoons water for cooking
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder or paprika
- The Coleslaw:
- 5 cups green Napa, or red cabbage OR about 3 packages of coleslaw cabbage mix.
- 3/4 cups shredded carrots (the more colorful the better
- The Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Blended date paste Or date syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar white vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar is fine too.
- 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Tiny pinch Cumin can do with or without this
- **Option: you can add 1/4 cup green or red onion thinly sliced or 2 Tablespoons chopped Jalapeño for extra flavor or just for garnish sprinkled on top.
- – Drain and Rinse the Jackfruit from the can. Then using your fingers, shred the jackfruit. If it does not all shred, as the jackfruit cooks you can also break it up more.
- – Add the BBQ sauce to the jackfruit in a bowl and mix together well, if you want to let it marinate for a couple hours or overnight for more flavor, be my guest, but you can do without this step too.
- – Add the BBQ Jackfruit and water to a pan and cook on medium heat With a lid to lock in the moisture.
- – Stir and let every piece touch the heat.
- – Place a lid on the pan and let the sauce cook and marinate in with the Jackfruit for about 15-20 minutes. Stirring the jackfruit every 5 minutes.
- -while the jack fruit cooks down, Make the coleslaw.
- – Chop and shred the cabbage and carrots and set them aside.
- – To make the dressing, combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until completely mixed.
- – Pour dressing over the slaw or you can just throw the cabbage into the dressing bowl and mix well to coat every piece of cabbage.
- – You can serve this dish right away, OR you can let it sit for at least 4-6 hours to really let the flavor soak in. Overnight is even better!
- – Your jackfruit should be nice and flavorful and ready to serve.
- You can add a little more BBQ sauce if you’d like it a little more saucy.
- -Assemble your tacos, sliders, or bowl, then enjoy!
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR SOME TACOS!
This was a super fun episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. It’s a good day when tacos are involved! If you are looking for some more easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl