JACKFRUIT VEGAN TUNA SALAD…IT’S ABOUT TIME YOU MAKE IT!
Stephanie Bosco, A.K.A The Superfood Goddess joins us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. She shows us how to make this go-to easy vegan tuna salad that is super versatile and simple to make your own. It’s perfect for those on-the-go days when you don’t have a ton of time to cook. Let’s see how it’s done…
THE SUPERFOOD GODDESS IN THE KITCHEN
Stephanie Bosco, also known as The Superfood Goddess, is a Holistic Health & Nutrition Coach. She specializes in Plant-based & gluten-free cooking to elevate mental health and the gut microbiome. Other than coaching, she teaches cooking classes online and at festivals, is a private chef, creates delicious whole-food plant-based recipes for her blog, and enjoys building up other brands and women doing good in the world. She is currently studying a Master’s in Clinical Nutrition while working with one on one individual and group coaching clients. She believes in the power of positivity in any situation and that you have the ability to change your circumstances if you change your mindset. Stephanie is a firm believer that by taking the time to learn and grow, understanding others, and creating more compassion, we can achieve a kinder world.
A GOOD VEGAN TUNA SALAD IS ALL YOU NEED
Jackfruit tuna is SO FRAGRANT & DELICIOUS!!!! This is a great make-ahead recipe, you can bring to a party for an appetizer. You can fill it inside of a wrap with extra veggies and then cut round circular portions, or place it on top of slices of cucumber, to be fancy. You can make a jackfruit vegan tuna melt by putting it in a raw wrap or between gluten-free bread…or make tacos by putting it on top of romaine lettuce leaves. the possibilities are endless!
Vegan Jackfruit Tuna Salad Wrap or Sandwich
- 1 20 0z can of Jackfruit
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Celery thinly chopped
- 3 tbsp Green Onion
- 3/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder
- 1.5 Large sheet of Seaweed or 8 small snack seaweed sheets crumbled or broken up in a food processor
- -Drain and rinse the jackfruit.
- -Pull apart the Jackfruit pieces with your hands or with a fork.
- -Place the Jackfruit in a pan and sauté on medium for 8-10 minutes until it firms up a little and resembles tuna pieces. I like using a top on the pan to Let the jackfruit get cooked through a little more, but not necessary.
- -Take the jackfruit off heat to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- -In a food processor or bullet sized blender, blend the seaweed sheets so it becomes a mixture you’d be able to sprinkle, almost like a powder. Not all the pieces will beak apart and some will get stuck, don’t worry it doesn’t have to be perfect, just get it to smaller sized pieces. If you don’t have one of these machines then just crumple the sheets up as much as you can.
- -Mix all the ingredients together and sprinkle in the seaweed, and mix well.
- -If you’d like to throw the entire mixture into a food processor to get a more broken down mix, do it, but you don’t need to.
- -Serve right away, or for best flavor make a day or two in advance, day 2 is even better.
- -If you’re making a tuna melt, use your bread and cheese of choice, place the jackfruit mixture on one of the bread slices, place cheese on top, place both pieces in the oven and broil for about 3-6 minutes. Just watch to your desired melty toasty-ness.
THANKS FOR JOINING US!
We appreciate you stopping by for lunch! This was a fun episode, learning how to make a delicious plant-based tuna wrap! I hope you give the recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.