Santa Monica, Ca, December 27, 2022, 6:50 p.m. PST
Mini Baked Vegan Omelets Are The Best For Parties!
These delicious mini-baked vegan omelets with JUST Egg, Tofurky, and vegan cheese are so impressive, your friends won’t have any idea they are actually 100% vegan. Because they are mini, they make great little appetizers for any party, any time of the day. Tonia Carrier-Hicks shows us how simple it is to turn your favorite non-vegan dishes into your favorite vegan ones! And today she shares her secret for these totally irresistible mini omelets. Let’s take a closer look at how it’s done…
Turning Non-Vegan Recipes Vegan is Simple With Chef Tonia
We love it when Tonia joins us in the kitchen. Her recipes are always so unique and flavorful, but super simple. She is incredible at showing how easy it is to turn your favorite animal-based recipes into just as tasty, and usually healthier, vegan options. Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also an accomplished hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on UnChainedTV. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Mini Baked Vegan Omelets For Dinner?
Although these mini-baked vegan omelets are perfect for a party appetizer, they can also be enjoyed at home with the family for breakfast, lunch, or dinner….because who doesn’t love breakfast for every meal? Tonia simply switched out each of the traditionally non-vegan ingredients for vegan ones in this recipe. JUST Egg was used instead of animal eggs, Tofurky plant-based Turkey slices were used, plant milk was used instead of dairy milk, and vegan cheese replaced dairy cheese. So easy, so cheesy and so delicious! These are also great for batch cooking, as they last for about 5 days and it’s always nice knowing the extra’s are waiting in the fridge!
Mini Baked Vegan Omelets
- 1 entire bottle of Just Egg
- 1 package of Tofurkey brand hickory smoked faux turkey slices
- 1.5 C of your favorite veggies. We used onion, red pepper and mushrooms quite finely chopped and cooked in water.
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash spice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp of your choice of plant based milk.
- 1/3 C salsa
- 1 bag of your favorite shredded vegan cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- While oven is heating, cook veggies in water in a pan on the stove. Add spices to veggies and stir.
- Spray non stick cooking spray to muffin tin. Place 1 slice of Tofurkey into each section of the muffin tin. (It's great to put the Just Egg into an easily pourable container). Add plant based milk to Just egg and whisk until blended. Pour approx 1-1 1/2 Tbsp of Just Egg into each tin. Split up the veggies into each muffin tin. Split up the salsa equally into each muffin tin. Add a small amount of cheese to each tin. Pour all of the Just Egg into each of the 12 rings and top with as much cheese as you'd like! Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350. *when they come out they will be a little soft but will firm up a bit upon standing. Store remaining quiche in airtight container in the refrigerator. These should remain good for at least 5 days! Enjoy!!
You’ll Love These Mini Baked Vegan Omelets So Give Them A Try!
I hope you give this recipe a try because I am almost certain you will love these little omelets. Not only do they taste awesome, but they are the simplest to make. Take a photo of your finished bites and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to our recipe page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.