The Un-BEET-able Veggie Burger Recipe!
Find out what makes this veggie burger recipe so special on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE with Andres Velarde! I will give you hint…chickpeas and beets!
Who Is Andrés…The Veggie Burger Mastermind?
Andrés is an animal rights activist. He lives by the saying ‘it’s easy to be vegan when you realize how difficult it is to be an animal’.
Apart from his dedication to animal rights, he loves cooking and believes real food comes from the living plants around us, mostly whole foods. The practical aspects of veganism helped Andrés to discover many resourceful ways to maneuver his food creations in the kitchen, and even discover unique food pairings.
Chickpeas and beets is a great example of the creative pairings he has come up with. After many tries, Andrés found that with the right additions, these two work beautifully together and bring the best out of a savory dish.
It Is Veggie Burger Recipe Time!
Let’s take a look at how this veggie burger turned out. Looks delicious to me! I love a good burger, especially when its easy enough to make myself at home! Oh yeah, and healthy too. This recipe looks so fun and easy and since I am not eating out as much it is great to have a good veggie burger recipe in my back pocket for those days I crave one. If you are looking for another veggie burger recipe, check this one out, also made by Andres!
Here Is The Recipe! Go Make It!
The recipe is below so you can try and make this yourself at home. It is unBEETable! so give it a try! I know I will for sure be cooking this up myself at home.
Veggie Burger Recipe: UnBEETable Chickpea Burger
- 1 cup of mashed chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of beet pureé
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- half of a finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 tsp of finely chopped ginger
- Cornstarch or oats if needed for texture
- Burger buns or flatbread
- Mix your mashed chickpeas with the spices (salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, parsley), chopped ginger, onion, carrots, tomato paste, and beet pureé. You should have a paste-like consistency full of colors.
- 1*) Feel free to add cornstarch or oats if you want a more solid burger.
- Place on an oiled pan at medium heat for 3 minutes per side or until you have a nice golden brown on each side.
- Assemble your burger using the buns, guacamole, and spinach.
Thank you again for stopping by and joining us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. Be sure to visit previous episodes for more great recipe ideas. See you next time!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.