Vegan Pulled Pork Love!
Today’s show features a Vegan pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw by Chelsea V Davis & Jake Vaage. Former hunter turned animal rights activist Jake Vaage along with the talented athlete and health expert Chelsea V Davis take us for a ride in their kitchen. Chelsea is also the founder of Veggies Do It Better, Vegan Night Market Portland, and #VeganTipsTuesday and a co-founder of Animal Rights Collective Portland, and regularly hosts “Couples Cookn’’ on the JaneUnChained News Network. Let’s watch them show us how it’s done.
Who Is This Magnificant Vegan Pulled Pork Duo?
Longtime vegan, community organizer, and entrepreneur, Chelsea V Davis aka Veggies Do It Better loves how vegan advocacy is a beautiful way of incorporating all the issues she is passionate about… animal rights, health, sustainability, social and food justice, and compassion. Over the last 10 years, Chelsea has organized over 100 vegan events ranging from protests to marches, VegFests to international conferences, activist panels to fundraisers and that’s just the beginning! Chelsea’s focus on collaboration and community building brought her to launching the new Animal Rights Collective Portland (ARCPDX), Virtual Vegan Night Market Portland, and #VeganTipsTuesday. Her passion for nutrition and fitness also led her to start a health and wellness business with Jake last summer. They love helping people live healthier lives through nutrition, kindness, and non-toxic earth-friendly products. They donate a large portion of their profits to animal and social justice charities through ChelseaVDavis.Arbonne.com and the rest funds their amazing activism and community organizing. Contact Chelsea V Davis with any questions.
Growing up, hunting, fishing, and eating animals was in the framework of Jake’s family. Then in late 2015, he met Chelsea! At the beginning of 2016, Jake did a 22-day vegan challenge that changed his life. He lost 7 pounds, his skin cleared up, and he started sleeping more efficiently. Following the challenge, he stopped eating factory-farmed animals and not too long after that, he stopped hunting and fishing and became a passionate vegan advocate, animal rights activist, and athlete. Shows how anyone has the power to change! In recent years, Jake has been getting nerdier about proper nutrition and peak performance leading him and Chelsea to start a health and wellness business.
Follow his workouts, meal prep, and more on Instagram @jakevaage.
Chelsea’s YouTube: VeggiesDoItBetter
Jake’s YouTube: OGFunkyMonk
Jake’s Twitch: OGFunkyMonk
TikTok Veggies Do It Better
Now Back To The Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwich!
This vegan pulled pork looks AMAZING! So tender and delicious with zero cruelty! Smothered in BBQ sauce every bite brings tasty joy and satisfaction. Bring it on! Feels like the perfect comfort food for an autumn day or night. Let’s do this!
Will You Make This Vegan Pulled Pork?
This looks like the best vegan pulled pork sandwich I have ever seen and to be honest it is making me really hungry looking at these photos. I am providing the recipe below so you can give this a try yourself…get cookin’ for some delicious BBQ tasting deliciousness!
Want to give soy curls or the taco crumbles a try or stock up at a great price while helping to raise money for food justice charities? Contact Chelsea V Davis to get hooked up! Each order comes with recipes and a FREE sample.
Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Jake's BBQ sauce
- 1 11.6 oz jar of unsweetened ketchup normal is ok, just use less sweetener later
- 2 Tbl blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke or sub 1 Tbl vegan worcestershire
- 1/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener or 2 TBL brown sugar to taste depending on ketchup type
- 1 Tbl ACV
- 1 tsp mustard seed powder or 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 Tbl water adjust if necessary
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- add water and ketchup to sauce pan over low heat then stir in the rest.
- once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Pulled pork BBQ soy curls:
- hydrate in hot water for 5min or cold for 10min
- wring out excess moisture
- use non-stick pan or use cooking spray to coat pan
- brown over medium heat and press with spatula or potato masher, tossing regularly.
- once desired color is achieved, remove from heat and add sauce
- Let's sit for 1-2 min
- Slap a scoop of pulled pork BBQ soy curls and slaw between two beautiful vegan buns and ENJOY! We love Happy Campers Gluten-Free brand.
- 1/2 large head cabbage 5-7 cups
- 2 packets stevia or 1 Tbl sugar/syrup
- 4-5 Tbl vegan mayo
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1-2 Tbl ACV
- 1 tsp ground celery seed
- black pepper and/or cayenne to taste
- 1-2 Tbl water
- Mix everything but the cabbage, then add cabbage. Chill and serve.
Thank You For Stopping By!
This was such a fun show! And it sure did make me hungry! Thank you for stopping by and joining us for this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. Be sure to check out the many other recipes available for you to try at home. And let us know how you liked them! Until next time..
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.