It’s Time For Vegan Fondue
Ring in the New Year with this vegan fondue with a twist on #LunchBreakLIVE. Guest Chef and Activist, Chelsea V Davis of Veggies Do It Better, Animal Rights Collective Portland, and The Roaring Vegans, joins us in her kitchen, showing us how to make this delicious, creamy fondue, perfect for your New Year celebrations! Let’s take a look at how it’s done…
CHELSEA V DAVIS @VEGGIESDOITBETTER
Longtime vegan, community organizer, and entrepreneur, Chelsea V Davis aka Veggies Do It Better loves how vegan advocacy is a beautiful way of incorporating all the issues she is passionate about… animal rights, health, sustainability, social, and food justice, and compassion. Over the last 12 years, Chelsea has organized 100s of vegan events ranging from protests to marches, VegFests to international conferences, activist panels to fundraisers and that’s just the beginning! Chelsea’s focus on collaboration and community building brought her to co-founding the Animal Rights Collective Portland (ARCPDX) and launching #VeganTipsTuesday. And be sure to check out her newest project The Roaring Vegans that makes delicious vegan hot chocolate bombs, candies, gift sets, and more to raise money for Rancher Advocacy Program and ACLU.
Support her work by following her on social media
Yes, You Can Eat Gooey Cheese As A Vegan. Even Vegan Fondue!
How do you fondue? Do you like yours with a nacho cheese twist? Well, you are in luck because this recipe is for nacho cheese vegan fondue. Can you even imagine the amount of yumminess in every bite? The flavor is poppin’ and the texture is heavenly, ready for your dipping pleasure. Get your cashews soaking and your ingredients prepped because you are definitely going to want to make this dip for your next party…maybe even for New Years which is just around the corner.
NACHO CHEESE FONDUE
- 1.5 c filtered water
- 1 c raw cashews soaked and drained
- 1 c roasted red peppers with juice in jar
- 3/4 c nutritional yeast
- 2 T arrowroot
- 2-3 t yellow mustard
- 1 T + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 t garlic granules
- 1 t onion granules
- 1/2-1 t chili powder or cumin
- 1 t sea salt
- Place your cashews in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes or until cashews are softened.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender on HIGH for 60 seconds. (If you don't have a high-speed blender, use a regular blender and strain mixture through a paint strainer).
- Pour into your fondue dish or a small saucepan and cook on medium-high heat. *depending on your fondue dish you may need to heat on the stove first
- Stir consistently until the cheese has thickened. *Add more water if needed.
- Once the cheese is ready, dip your favorite veggies (try baby roasted potatoes and broccoli!) and bread cubes in and ENJOY!
- Store leftovers in a glass container in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for up to 6 months.
Thanks For Tuning In!
This was such a fun episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. Fondue is delicious, and now we can have vegan fondue with no hassle at all. It is delicious and perfect for any holiday appetizer or just an everyday gathering with friends. So go ahead and give it a try and let us know how much you enjoyed it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy vegan recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl