Another Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe You Will Love!
This is the most delicious vegan Mac and Cheese recipe you are sure to love! Made with specialty plant-based artisan cheese, by Grounded Foods, this cheese is created with cauliflower and hemp! Enjoy this unique recipe, by guest Chef Veronica Fil. Veronica is a former behavioral economist who left behind her career and life in Australia to become a cheese mogul, as the Co-Founder and CEO of Grounded Foods Co. Let’s watch her magic in the kitchen on this special episode of #LunchBreakLive, hosted by Doreet Dijke of the “Elegantly Raw” Show on UnChainedTV. Grounded Foods makes it simple and healthy to eat your favorite childhood meal. Let’s see how it is done…
DON’T GIVE IT UP, JUST MAKE IT VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE
I don’t know about you but I LOVE Mac and Cheese, so vegan Mac and Cheese makes me very very happy. And this ooey gooey cheese sauce made by Grounded Foods looks like perfection. It is a healthier option than your typical vegan cheeses, made with cauliflower and hemp, and comes already made into a sauce, which is perfect for making mac and cheese. This dish will bring back all those childhood memories of eating grandma’s baked mac and cheese in front of the tv with your favorite cartoons playing on a Saturday afternoon.
VEGAN MAC + CHEESE
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 pouch Grounded CHEESE FREE CHEESE sauce
- 2 tablespoons plant based butter
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving about half a cup of the cooking liquid. Return the macaroni to the pot.
- Add the CHEESE FREE CHEESE sauce to the macaroni and stir well to combine. If necessary, use a splash of the cooking liquid to thin it out, so that the pasta is completely covered in cheese sauce. Spread the macaroni into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining butter. Add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the macaroni.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Serve warm.
LET’S GET COOKIN’!
I am so ready to cook this mac and cheese to perfection….just for myself! However, this would be a great recipe to make for a small gathering with friends or family. It’s simple and even the finicky kids will love every bite. So go ahead and give it a try and let us know how much you loved the dish. Take a photo of your finished recipe and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for more easy plant-based recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.