Vegan Pizza + Vegan Artichoke Dip +Vegan Go-To Sammie!
Vegan Pizza and so much more on #LunchBreakLIVE with Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator, Shannon Blair, AKA…VeganEvan’s Mom. She is taking your classic favorites, like spinach artichoke dip & pizza, and putting an exciting plant-based twist on them! She is joined in the kitchen by new Vegan Activist, Wess Hucker! Shannon & Wess will also show you how to build a quick, easy and delicious Tofurky sandwich while the pizza is cooking — check it out!!
Who Is This Vegan Pizza Maker?
Shannon’s journey toward animal liberation really got going on Thanksgiving Day, 1996, when she was just 9 years old. After she saw footage showing what happens to animals in order for them to end up on our plates, she never ate another animal again and immediately became an activist, stickering packages and holding demos outside of supermarkets.
After about 2 decades of eating a ‘vegetarian diet,’ Shannon was made aware of the atrocities occurring in the dairy industry — she had never heard this information before. She also watched Cowspiracy on Netflix and then made the decision to transition to a Vegan Lifestyle overnight. Shortly after, she found out how horrendous the egg industry is, another one she had been supporting during all that time as a vegetarian.
Shannon now understood why those “crazy vegans” weren’t eating cheese or eggs — they weren’t so crazy after all. She got right back into activism — this time with more knowledge, more reasons, and an incredible amount of inspiration from her son, VeganEvan (who decided to go vegan the same day, even though she tried talking him out of it)! Shannon is fighting for the animals and for Evan’s future. She quit her job in 2017 to advocate, educate, and activate full-time. Shannon and Evan travel all over the world doing outreach & actions for the animals. They are in the process of starting up a new non-profit organization, the Animal Liberation Action Squad. Shannon is the East Coast Campaign Manager for Million Dollar Vegan, Director of Parenting & Activism for APlantBasedDiet.org, and also a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator. Shannon is also a Co-Creator of the Animal Activism Mentorship Program.
Wess, today’s taste tester, is a new vegan activist, doing outreach daily and loving all the new vegan food he’s been trying.
Wow-what an incredible duo! I can’t wait to see how all the food made turned out. Let’s take a look!
Ready To Make Some Vegan Pizza And More?
I hope you are ready to get cooking because I have the recipe below for the vegan pizza and artichoke dip, so give it a try! I am a super pizza lover, so I might try this one myself. There are so many recipes on my to cook list from previous #LunchBreakLIVE shows. So many delicious choices to choose from!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1-2 tsp Avocado Oil or Olive oil
- 3+ cloves garlic diced
- 1 bag frozen chopped spinach
- White mushrooms processed or chopped (optional)
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts drained & processed or chopped with a knife
- 3 slices FYH Follow Your Heart Provolone
- 2+ Tbs Vegan Mayo we used FYH Veganaise
- Salt & Garlic Powder to Taste
- ~ Sauté garlic in oil until it begins to brown. Add frozen chopped spinach and stir. After spinach is cooked, add chopped artichoke hearts and stir. Cook 3-5 minutes on med/ high heat, stirring occasionally. Add 3 slices of FHY Cheese and stir until it completely melts in. Turn off heat and add vegan mayo to taste. Use as dip or spread.
- 1-2 teaspoons avocado oil or olive
- FYH Mozzarella Shreds
- Nonstick spray
- Spinach Artichoke Dip as sauce
- Mushrooms processed - Bellas white, shiitake (optional)
- Oyster Mushrooms optional
- Salt & Garlic Powder to Taste
- Truffle oil to taste optional
- ~Preheat oven to 425. Spread dough on pan and cook for 3 minutes. Take out and spread a layer of dip over the entire pie, leaving a small amount of crust exposed. Next, add Vegan FHY Mozzarella shreds. Add cooked, chopped broccoli & garlic. Add mix of diced mushrooms + and other mushrooms or toppings. Put in oven for about 10 more minutes, or until cheese melts and crust starts to brown. Top with drops of truffle oil (optional).
Thank You For Joining Us!
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed this show as much as I did! Now I am craving artichoke pizza. This would be a great recipe to cook and share on plantbasedneighbor.com. Plant-Based Neighbor is a great online community, so sign up and meet your fellow vegans! Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl