Vegan Fried Fish And Throw In Some Sauteed Greens!
This vegan fried fish recipe is so creative, made out of banana blossoms! Yes, banana blossoms! I don’t even know what a banana blossom is hahaha! But I am excited to find out. And then to top things off we’ve got a delicious sauteed kale side dish sent straight from heaven! Coco & Lala, radio personalities on 89.9 KMOJ The Ice out of Minneapolis, MN join us today to show us how to make this incredible vegan meal!
Coco & Lala Radio Personalities Like No Other!
Coco & Lala are the radio personalities of the HOTTEST vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based radio show in the country, Healthin’ It Up!™ with Coco & Lala at 89.9 KMOJ The Ice. They interview many celebrities on their radio show like John Salley 4x’s NBA national championship winner, Bill Duke, Beyonce’s vegan chef, the Kardashian’s nutritionist, TLC, and many more. They also host a Facebook cooking show, Keeping up with Coco & Lala where they teach over 11K people how to cook vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based meals! They have done cooking demos on BuzzFeed/Tasty, The Jason Show, FOX9 The Buzz, Twin Cities Live & WCCO. Coco & Lala love to make super flavorful, indulgent comfort vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based meals. Be sure to follow them on social media to keep up with the dopest recipes and latest plant-based news!
Wow, I would love to have them come on over and show me one on one how to make such delicious vegan meals! Nothing like a good plate full of comfort food! I can’t wait to see how their vegan fried fish and greens turned out. I am pretty certain it’s gonna be damn delicious!
Now Back To The Vegan Fried Fish and Greens!
It’s time to dive deep into today’s recipe and see just how perfect the vegan fried fish and side of greens turned out. I can tell you I peeked at the photos and WOW, this meal looks incredible! The perfect type of comfort food…FRIED! Wait until you see how crispy and delicious the fried fish looks, and the sauteed perfection that went into the side of greens. Oh My!
Ready To Get Cooking With Some Banana Blossoms?
This is going to be a whole new adventure. I had never heard of banana blossoms until today, so I am excited to find them and try to cook with them. I am providing the recipes below for both the vegan fried fish and the side of greens, so I hope you will give them a try too. And let us know how you liked it! Also, if you are looking for more vegan recipe options, we have a ton for you to choose from…recipes from all over the world! So check them out.
- 2-3 bunches Fresh Collard Mustard or Kale Greens
- 2 Tbsp liquid amino acids
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp better than bouillon not chicken flavor optional
- 1 Tbsp of vegan butter optional
- 1-2 tomatoes diced
- *depending on how many bunches of greens you are cooking your seasoning will need to be adjusted
- Pour about 2 Tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Add onion to the pan and saute for about 3-4 mins. Add in the garlic and better than bouillon to the pan. Add your greens to the pan and toss all ingredients together. Saute greens for about 10 mins before adding in tomatoes and saute for about an additional 2-3 mins. Finish with a sprinkle of amino acid. Enjoy!
Cut out the tough stem and main vein by folding each leaf in half and slicing down the center.
Cut into pieces by rolling the leaves into spirals and cutting into long ribbons. You are ready to cook them.
Vegan Fried Fish
- 1 can banana blossoms
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp chipotle seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp old bay
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 c water
- 1 pack of Louisiana Fish Fry seasoning
- Mix together flour, garlic salt, chipotle seasoning, lemon pepper, old bay, smoked paprika, apple cider vinegar, dill, and water in a flat bottom dish and set aside. Pour the Louisiana Fish Fry seasoning in a flat bottom dish. Open and drain the liquid out of the banana blossom can. Dredge the banana blossoms in the wet batter and then directly into the dry Louisiana batter and fry until golden brown. Continue until all banana blossoms have been fried. Top with hot sauce. Enjoy!
Thank You For Joining Us For Some Vegan Fried Fish!
Thanks so much for joining in on this super fun episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. If you love all the vegan goodness you can find on JaneUnChained, consider joining plantbasedneighbor.com. It is a great place to meet all your fellow veg and vegan peeps in your neighborhood. Give it a try! Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl