Two amazing recipes for vegan banana bread muffins & berry compote with Tabay Atkins, the youngest yoga instructor in America and a leader with Animal Hero Kids, and his mom Sahel Anvarinejad, yoga instructor and vegan chef on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. This muffin recipe is delightful, easy to make, and guilt-free. Let’s see how it is done…
The Youngest Yoga Teacher In America, and More!
Tabay Atkins is the youngest certified yoga teacher in America and a vegan chef.
He got his 200-hour Vinyasa certificate at the age of 10 and became a 500 hour certified vinyasa teacher at the age of 14. He is now 15 years old and has 12 specialty yoga certificates. Tabay has joined his mom, Sahel, on her long list of specialized yoga teacher training from all over the world. Tabay splits his time living on both Maui, Hawaii, and Orange County, California.
Tabay is certified in:
Yoga for Autism Spectrum
Circus Yoga Ring 1 and 2
Tween and Teen Yoga
Yoga 4 Cancer
Up to date, Tabay has given 100% of all the money he has made, to help people who have cancer.
He teaches all over the world for events, at schools, retreats, conferences, private classes for celebrities and at people’s homes, at beaches and parks, for birthday parties, at hotels, and classes via zoom.
Tabay’s journey with yoga started when his mom was just 2 weeks cancer-free and he was just 6 years old and his mom got into a 200-hour vinyasa yoga teacher training. After having cancer and going through intensive chemotherapy treatments, she could barely walk on her own. She was broken down physically and emotionally. Tabay was by her side during her training and noticed how much yoga was helping make her feel better both physically and mentally. In just a short couple of months, she was able to walk again on her own and was happier and healthier than even before she had cancer. He knew right then and there that he had found his dharma and wanted to become a yoga teacher so that he could help heal others the way he saw yoga help heal his mom.
He has since been on numerous television shows, radio shows, magazines, and newspapers, teaching for Deepak Chopra and hundreds of his guests, celebrity clients, featured on the cover of the Yoga Journal Magazine, and so much more.
Tabay and his mom soon after became vegan, and have since started sharing their culinary skills with people around the world by teaching vegan cooking classes, both in person as well as on his online yoga and vegan cooking subscription series, tabayatkins.com
Tabay has accomplished so much in his young life, including graduating from High School 3.5 years early, at the young age of 14, with straight A’s, and a 4.0 GPA.
Tabay’s passions are teaching and practicing yoga, cooking and baking, building legos, collecting rare and old coins and dollars, traveling, skateboarding, playing the piano, boogie boarding, paddle boarding, kayaking, skiing, and snowboarding, hiking in nature, and spending time with family and friends.
His dream is to continue teaching and sharing yoga and veganism all over the world, to write a cookbook and a book about his journey with his mom, to have a vegan cooking show, and to continue to inspire people, and spread love, peace, happiness, and good health to as many people as he can, and to continue to help cancer patients and survivors.
The mantra that Tabay lives by and shares by ending all of his classes is:
“Think Good Thoughts
Speak Kind Words
Feel Love, Be Love, and Give Love”
Wow, wow, wow….just WOW. What an inspirational young man. In just a few years he has managed to accomplish more than some people do in a lifetime. Tabay, and his mom, are a great duo, spreading love and light everywhere they go. We are so grateful they joined us on #LunchBreakLIVE to share their message and share their story. Please visit and subscribe to Tabay’s online yoga and cooking series, http://www.tabayatkins.com.
Now Let’s Head Back to the Vegan Banana Bread Muffins and Compote!
I love a good banana bread muffin, who doesn’t? And these are pretty darn healthy with no added bad stuff. So there is very little, if any, guilt in this recipe. The same goes with the berry compote. So you can bake these muffins and whip up the berry compote with no hesitation. I’ll make it easy for you by posting the recipes below, so please give them a try. And if you are looking for other delicious vegan foods to bake or cook, be sure to sift through our archives. We have plenty of recipes to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’! (or bakin’!)
VEGAN BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
- 5 ripened banana’s
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk extra for brushing
- 1/2 cup melted plant-based butter we make our own homemade oil-free butter
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup extra for brushing
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans optional
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Mash the bananas up in a bowl
- Add all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer for about a minute or mix with a fork or whisk
- Put into a loaf pan, muffin pan, or bread pan (any pan you’d like to shape them as)
- Cook for 20 minutes (while its in the oven, get your milk/syrup mix ready for brushing), and work on the compote recipe
- Take it out of the oven after 20 minutes and brush with the milk/syrup mix and top with pecans, or any other nut of your choice, or no nuts.
- Poke a little hole in the middle and squeeze some syrup in.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Cool before serving or have it warm.
- Drizzle compote over if you’d like or have it on the side, or the bread alone.
- 2 cups or more Fresh or Frozen Berries of your choice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Maple Syrup to taste 2-3 tbsp
- Put all the ingredients into a pot and cook down to a simmer.
- Mash up the fruit to the consistency you like. Place the compote in an opening in the muffins.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.