Creamy Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo!
Easy vegan fettuccine alfredo with spring vegetable recipe on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE! All plant-based! Our guest today is Chef Stacey Dougan, a globally revered plant-based chef. We are so lucky to have her on the show and learn how to make her special alfredo!
A Culinary Mastermind
Chef Stacey Dougan is a world-renowned chef, who has successfully combined the art of culinary vegan cuisine with the mastery of entrepreneurship. A vegan chef for over 22 years, Chef Stacey was the founder and Executive Chef of Simply Pure Vegan Cafe, the second plant-based restaurant to open in Las Vegas. Her impressive culinary background includes training with James Beard award-winning chefs and creating meals for celebrity clients such as President Bill Clinton, New Jersey State Senator Cory Booker, and artists Usher and Erykah Badu. Chef Stacey is also a culinary-trained raw and living foods nutritionist, creating recipes designed for optimum health. She continues to create unique recipes that are satisfying and nutritious.
Check out Chef Stacey’s e-cookbook, with delicious, easy recipes.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Has Never Been Easier
This dish has fettuccine pasta noodles tossed in a housemade cashew alfredo sauce topped with organic seasonal fresh herbs and vegetables. Holy Yumminess! The cashew sauce for this vegan fettuccine alfredo is to die for. It is thick and creamy and heavenly! Every bite is bursting with the perfect cheesy flavor you expect with an alfredo dish. Top it with fresh spring veggies and greens and you have a healthy, flavorful, satisfying meal!
Easy Fettuccine Alfredo with Cashew Alfredo and Spring Vegetables.
- Ingredients for pasta:
- 10 oz. gluten free linguine or pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Ingredients for cashew alfredo:
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked 8 hours and rinsed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms – sliced
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil - chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions
- 1/4 fresh avocado
- Olive Oil
- Boil pasta according to instructions on the package and set aside.
- In a blender, blend all of the ingredients for the cashew alfredo until smooth. Transfer to a small pot and simmer on low until heated, about 5 minutes. Make sure you do not overcook the cashew alfredo as it will start to curdle if cooked too long.
- Heat cooking oil in the skillet on high heat and add mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes, while pressing the mushrooms into the skillet with the back of a spatula to help the mushrooms brown. Add the Liquid Aminos and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in fresh spinach.
- Add the broccoli florets, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil to a small pot and steam the broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Combine pasta and desired amount of cashew alfredo. Mix well. Top with all of the veggies and serve warm.
Thanks For Stopping By!
Thanks so much for joining us on #LunchBreakLIVE! What a fun episode this was with a super tasty vegan fettuccine alfredo recipe! Give it a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to cook up? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.