Your Kids Will Love These Vegan Waffles and Caulifyah Wings!
Strawberry Vegan Waffles and Caulifyah Wings that any kid will love. This is vegan Soul Food at its best! chefs Tajia and Aaron, owners of Hot Sauce and Pepper, bring a burst of tasty flavors to #LunchBreakLIVE with their incredible kid-friendly recipes. What kid (and adult) doesn’t love waffles? Let’s take a look at how the magic is made.
Hot Sauce And Pepper Kitchen Duo
Tajia And Aaron are East Coast natives with a passion for feeding the community. Aaron grew up with a family-owned restaurant ran by his grandmother, while Tajia learned her passion for feeding others through her experience as a social worker. Aaron and Tajia first began by teaching the community about using food as medicine rather than prescriptions. This quickly turned into prepping meals for close friend and family that were transitioning to vegan. Since then, Aaron and Tajia have been on a mission to show the world that vegan food can be good and it can be familiar, and fulfilling. It isn’t just salads and tofu. It’s comfort and soul. Soul Food is a staple tradition, but absolutely not a healthy one and carries generations of trauma, so they wanted to give the vegan community the gift of Soul Food but with ingredients that are full of life, and through this, Hot Sauce and Pepper was born!
Check out their pop-ups around Arizona. They’ll be serving at the upcoming ZEN NIGHTS on a regular basis too.
Who’s Ready For Some Vegan Waffles?
Vegan Waffles and Pancakes are my favorites! I just LOVE them. Love. Love. Love. I want them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! So I am super excited about this recipe for Strawberry Waffles. And the Caulifyah Wings look pretty darn good too! The great thing about these two recipes is that they are super kid-friendly…and we all know how hard it is to get some kids to eat! This is Soul Food at its finest…The recipes are below so give it a try!
Strawberry Waffles topped with Hot Sauce and Pepper Caulifyah Wings
- 1 Cup of Unbleached Flour
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 2 TBS Unbleached Sugar
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 -2 cups of Almond Milk or any non-dairy milk
- 2 Handful Fruit of your choice we are using strawberries
- Vegan Butter
- Pre-Packaged Frozen Caulifyah Wings
- Grape Seed Oil enough for deep frying
- Mix in all dry ingredients and Wisk
- Add in Almond Milk and Wisk to the consistency you like
- Add in 1 handful of Fruit
- Put in waffle maker and let cook
- While that is cooking, began frying the wings in the grapeseed oil (make sure there is enough oil in the pan that it covers the wings). Wings will fry until golden (about 3-5 min).
- Top Strawberry Waffles with Hot Sauce and Pepper CaulifyahWings, Drizzle with syrup and throw another handful of strawberries on top!
Thanks For Joining Us For Some Yummy Breakfast For Lunch!
Well, I am off to make me some vegan Waffles…so yeah…gotta go. If you are looking for more easy vegan recipes to try be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl