La Healthy Mexicana Fernanda Alvarez brings her tasty vegan cooking to #LunchBreakLIVE today! As a healthy cooking and conscious living coach, Fernanda has globally impacted people’s lives from Miami to Mexico City to Los Angeles, for over ten years now. She is also a successful recipe creator for multiple brands.
About the Chef:
Total time: 50 min
Servings: 8 taquitos
- 2 cups hibiscus flower, cooked
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 chipotle chiles
- 1 tsp. celtic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ½ cup water
- Bring a large pot to boil over high heat. Add hibiscus and cook for 30 minutes, until tender. (THIS I WILL HAVE PRE COOKED)
- Drain and wash under running water until no more red water comes out. Slice thin and reserve.
- In a large saucepan, add coconut oil, garlic, onion and carrots and cook in medium heat for 4 minutes. Add hibiscus flower and chopped chipotles, season with salt, pepper and coconut sugar. Mix and cook for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve over corn tortillas and a side of power-full guac!
What's Your Reaction?
Jane Velez-Mitchell is an award-winning TV journalist and New York Times best-selling author. She is the founder of UnchainedTV and the host of several shows on the network.