VEGAN TRIFLE CAKE FULL OF BERRY HEAVEN
In this episode of #SaturdaySnackDown we have the perfect Spring dessert, which is super easy to make. Erin Riley-Carrasco has veganized this very special recipe, and it is always a hit with her friends and family. It is a berry vegan trifle cake, and it is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Let’s see how she does it!
VEGAN TRIFLE CAKE LAYERED WITH BERRIES
Erin Riley-Carrasco made the most BERRY DELICIOUS TRIFLE in this episode of #SaturdaySnackdown! What is Trifle? Trifle, an English cuisine, is a dessert made with fruit, a thin layer of sponge fingers soaked in sherry or another fortified wine, and custard. It can be topped with whipped cream. Watch how Erin veganized it for us! This dessert is light and flavorful with lots of fresh delicious fruit and vegan whipped cream. It’s the perfect comfort food during this Coronavirus lockdown. When the country opens up again, this will be the perfect dessert for spring or summer gatherings and parties. It looks very labor-intensive, but it is actually a very quick and easy recipe that will WOW anyone who tries it! Check out the photos of this beautiful recipe, be sure to try this one at home, and let us know how you liked it!
Angel Berry Trifle
- - 1-2 boxes large strawberries
- - 1 box large blueberries
- - 2 boxes of raspberries
- - 2 boxes blackberries
- - 2 tubs vegan Tru Whip vegan whipped cream
- - 1 small box of vanilla pudding
- - 2 almond vegan yogurts
- - mint leaves
- - *angel food cake see recipe at end
- - 1 trifle dish
- Clean all your berries and then cut the stems off the strawberries and cut strawberries up. Mix all together in a bowl. Put 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar into bowl and stir well. Put in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour to chill.
- - mix together 1 1/2 tubs of vegan whipped cream with one package of vanilla pudding mix and two almond vegan yogurts to make the custard
- - cut your vegan angel food cake into squares and start by layering half of the angel food cake squares in the bottom of the Trifle bowl
- - add the custard as the 2nd layer and the mixed fruit on top of that and repeat the process again.
- - lastly, add one layer of the rest of your vegan whipped cream on the very top and get creative with your fruit on the top. Erin created a beautiful flower with cut strawberries and placed 3 blueberries and some sprigs of mint in the middle. Be creative with your designs!
Vegan Angel Food Cake
- - aquafaba If you can’t find, simply drain a can of No Salt Garbanzo beans and whip the juice with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes. Acts as a perfect substitute for egg whites.
- - cream of tartar If you have a hard time finding, look in the bulk section.
- - ground sugar
- - vanilla extract
- - chickpea flour
- - all purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 330 F
- Start with 3/4 cup of aquafaba from a can of chickpeas. Place in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Beat the aquafaba for 5-6 minutes on high until you get a fluffy merge, then add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to the meringue and beat again for another minute until it turns white again.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly, while continuing to beat the meringue on high for another 1-2 minutes. After you have beaten the aquafaba for at least 8 minutes add a tablespoon of garbanzo/chickpea flour and beat for another minute.
- Fold in the flour 1/4 cup at a time until it is all incorporated, but do not over mix. (Once the flour has been added, the meringue will start to deflate.)
- Quickly pour the batter into an ungreased Angel Food Cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool in the pan. (Do not flip upside down like you would a traditional Angel Food cake.)
- Once it has cooled to room temperature, cut it out of the pan with a large knife.
ANOTHER DESSERT ON #SATURDAYSNACKDOWN
You can never go wrong with a perfected dessert recipe, and this berry vegan trifle cake is just that…perfection! It is really super simple to make and layered to perfection, so I hope you give it a try and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other recipes to try by Erin, be sure to stop by the #SaturdaySnackdown page, where there are a ton of tasty ones to try. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.