Make your quarantine and stay-at-home orders fun with these vegan drinks and appetizers that are sure to brighten up your day! Cesar Asbedo mixes up a storm of smoothies that will bring you a boost of health and happiness. “Superfood Mocktail” and “Kombucha Float” are just two of his specialties! Check it out.
We wanted to learn a little more about Cesar so we asked him to share a bit about himself. This is what he said:
“I’ve been vegan for over seven years now, along with my amazing mother, Celia Asebedo. It’s been an incredible journey seeing how the vegan market has begun to pop up everywhere! I love getting in the kitchen and creating new dishes. Everything from the aromas to the taste bring me such joy. I put compassion and love into every recipe I make. Removing the horrific cruelty, slaughter, exploitation, and death has made my life better and I want to share that with everyone through my food. I love being an animal rights activist, which has also led me to become an activist for the environment.
As one of the organizers for Animal Alliance Network, a chapter of the worldwide Animal Save Movement, we help spread the word that veganism is the way. By bearing witness, giving water, and love at pig vigils in the Los Angeles area, we hope that the masses wake up to the cruel truth behind their consumerism. We hope they will realize the way we treat animals every second of every day is morally unacceptable, unsustainable, and is threatening the existence of all life on our planet, including our species. Many times people can’t believe that the large slaughterhouse we bear witness at is killing thousands of baby pigs daily right in their backyard 10 minutes from bustling Downtown, Los Angeles.
As a contributor for JaneUnchained News, I go live at the vigils in Los Angeles. This enables me to have the ability to show people around the world the horrific reality for these unfortunate creatures. I show truck after truck of these young pigs being sent to their deaths. I try to share the emotional and personal experience felt at the pig vigils as compassionate activists selflessly give water and love to these baby pigs before they enter the slaughterhouse.
I believe that health is the highest form of wealth. You can be a billionaire, but if you’re not healthy, you can’t really enjoy it. If you’re gathering around a table full of carcasses and animal products you can’t truly celebrate life. I believe that “peace begins on your plate.” I will never stop advocating for the animals. I just wish I started sooner. Many vegans/animal activists would say the same! It’s never too soon or too late to begin this amazing journey!
Along the way, I’ve helped many make the transition to veganism. If just one person views a post or hears my words, and it helps them transition to a compassionate lifestyle, then it’s worth it! Knowledge is power, and I love seeing others wake up and apply it to their lives. I hope my efforts will help create a compassionate world for all life forms!”
Let’s check out the magic Cesar created in the kitchen with his delicious and creative drink creations.
Awesome Blueberries' Whatever's in the Kitchen Smoothie
- -Organic frozen/blueberries
- -Organic avocado
- -Organic frozen pineapple
- -almond milk
- -Health Force protein blend
- -Health Force Vitamineral Earth
- -Health Force Vitamin C
- Add fruit and almond milk to blender, blend, and dance.
- After blending, add powders and blend again.
- Pour into your favorite glass or cup. Enjoy at home or on the go.
Superfood Green Alkaline Lemon Coconut Mocktail
- -fresh coconut water unpasteurized or straight from the young coconut
- -fresh lemon
- -fresh blueberries
- -Health Force Spulina Manna
- -Green Protein Alchemy
- Add coconut water into shaker.
- Squeeze lemon into shaker. We used a shaker with holes in the pour to make sure no seed make it in the mocktail if you don't have one you could use a spoon while pouring and watch carefully for lemon seeds
- Add green powders and shake.
- In a glass add a few muddled blueberries then pour shaker contents over ice or shake the ice in the shaker before straining.
- Add a cucumber slice garnish and take off on a healthy vacation.
Pineapple Sage Vanilla Kombucha Float
- -Golden Pineapple GTs kombucha or Your favorite kombucha
- -Vanilla Nada Moo Coconut ice cream
- Or use other flavors make sure the flavors pair welllol
- Pick out your favorite glass!
- Scoop a few scoops of ice cream in glass.
- Slowly pour kombucha in the glass over the ice cream.
- Add reusable straw and spoon, sit back and foot away to paradise!
Delicious Snack Bagel
- Bagel or favorite sliced bread
- Miyokos Mozz
- Fresh Tomato
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Salt or Chile Flakes
- Place parchment paper on cooking sheet.(we used the air fryer) perfect for quick snacks.
- Place bagel on parchment paper.
- Add slices of mozzarella on top of the bagel.
- Then add slice of tomato on top.
- Add piece of fresh basil.
- Bake for about 10 mins it may vary, check to see if cheese looks melty.
- Carefully remove the rack, place on safe for high heat surface.
- Drizzle zig zag over bagel snacks, sprinkle salt also.
- Take a photo and enjoy! Camera always eats first lol Just don't wait too long, enjoy while warm.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.
Really interesting recipe you got there. I would love to try this one once I come back home. ???