The decadent Health Nut line of Ellora Wellness makes chewy gooey aquafaba brownies! Yum! These brownies are rich and luscious, yet still healthy. How is that even possible? let’s find out…
We bet you’ll never guess what keeps these brownies so moist and luscious and filling, yet airy. It’s aquafaba! This miracle liquid leftover from cooking chickpeas is usually used for meringues and frothiness, but when Vanessa Marsot of Ellora Wellness started broadening her use of it, she was pleasantly surprised how much it did for the brownies. They melt in your mouth but still maintain their brownie-like consistency. These brownies are part of the Decadent Health Nut line of Ellora Wellness, as they taste decadent, but are still good for you. To make these oil-free, gluten-free, low sugar brownies, she used cashew butter in place of oil, to give richness and binding. She mainly used date sugar in place of regular sugar, as date sugar is full of minerals, fiber, and vitamins, and doesn’t spike your insulin levels, unlike other sugars, per Dr. Greger (https://youtu.be/EXeSoEgnXS4 ). And she used an Ellora Wellness gluten-free flour mixture. You can use your favorite vegan chocolate chips as the base for this recipe, and then melt them in a double boiler, or in the microwave for greater ease. Just make sure to check them in the microwave every minute to prevent burning them, as Vanessa did the first (few) times ;).
Brownies With Aquafaba
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar I used date sugar
- 1/4 cup date syrup or maple
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp carob powder
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup cashew butter. Or melt in the microwave, One minute is usually sufficient.
- When melted, remove from heat. Add in sugar, syrup, and pinch of salt, and whisk together.
- Measure out the aquafaba and whisk until slightly foamy.
- Pour the aquafaba into the chocolate mix and whisk together.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and carob and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the flour to the chocolate mix and mix well. Fold in 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes. The brownies should be moist but set.
- Remove from oven and cool for about an hour before serving.
- May be served with vanilla nice cream. Store in fridge. Or in your stomach 😉
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.