VEGAN CHOCOLATE DESSERTS ARE A MUST
Did someone say CHOCOLATE? We have Two delicious vegan chocolate desserts for you today, arent you lucky! Vegan Dutch Chocolate Brownies with nuts covered with vegan sugar-free frosting, and an Avocado Chocolate Mousse. Join us in the #LunchBreakLIVE virtual kitchen with today’s featured guest The Sassy Senior Chef Charlene, bringing us all sorts of chocolate feels. You’re in for a treat with this show!
THE SASSY CHEF
Charlene Woodruff, a registered nurse of 40 years, wears many hats during the day! She has trained in Italy as a certified plant-based raw foods chef and has been doing a weekly virtual cooking show for 2 years.
Charlene has managed and owned two healthcare training schools and presently develops curriculum for college nursing programs. A mother of one adult son and 2 grandbabies she finds time to volunteer to help people eat healthy to maintain and regain their health.
Visit her website & Instagram for more info.
BACK TO THE VEGAN CHOCOLATE DESSERTS PLEASE
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate treat recipe, especially super-simplified ones! The Avocado chocolate mousse, which can be used as frosting, is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without all of the sugar. It’s rich, decadent, and healthy! This recipe can be made in less than 10 minutes with no baking required. The best part about this dessert is that it only requires 6 ingredients (plus garnishes) making it a favorite choice for last-minute entertaining!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 10 dates soaked 30 mins
- 1/4 C Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 1/4 C Natural Sweetner pure maple syrup
- Process dates and natural sweetener until smooth. Then, add Cacao and process.
- This mousse tastes great on top of chilled brownies with a garnish of fresh berries or raw walnuts.
The delectable, moist brownies are made with natural ingredients and keep for up to a month. They’re perfect for anyone on the go! You can make them in three simple steps. You will be grubbing on some tasty dessert in no time.
- 1/2 C walnuts
- 10 dates pitted
- 1/3 C unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 C of plantbased complete protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp water optional
- Pinch of salt
- Process walnuts into small pieces then add dates and continue processing until mixture sticks together. Add cocoa powder, complete protein powder, vanilla extract (optional), water (optional), cherries (optional), and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts. Mix well by hand or process briefly in a food processor until evenly distributed.
- Press mixture into glass container lined with parchment paper if desired-chill 2 hours before serving.
- Top with chocolate vegan frosting.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE DESSERTS FOR LUNCH! A TOTAL WIN!
Vegan chocolate desserts for lunch. I am not complaining! I hope you give these two super simple recipes a try and let us know how you liked them. Eat the chocolate mousse on its own, or use it as a frosting (or both). Take a photo of your final dish and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are looking for other easy plant-based recipes to cook or bake, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.