Don’t blink or you will miss these two quick, easy and super summery vegan recipes, perfect for the hotter months. Your Vegan Friend Tonia joins us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. Tonia always makes amazing food that is simple and tasty and 100% cruelty-free! Let’s see what she has in store for us today. I hear it involves some creamy, fluffy chocolate something or other…oh yes!
Once again impressed, am I right? Tonia has some serious kitchen skills, but her talents go above and beyond just the kitchen! Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
I know you are dying to get your hands on these two easy summery recipes so don’t fret. They are posted below, both the chocolate mousse and the summery salad! I hope you will try one or both of these recipes at home and let us know how you liked them. I do not think you will be disappointed. Especially with that chocolate mousse. So creamy and delicious! Its the perfect hot summer day dessert!
ASIAN BROCCOLI SALAD
- 1 bag each of coleslaw and broccoli slaw
- Cut up green onion
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- 1 package of Nissan Top Ramen Soy Sauce flavor
- 1/3 c. sugar I’m using a Stevia equivalent mixed with a little water
- 1/3 c. lite oil I’m using Italian dressing
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1 T. soy sauce
- Mix ramen packet, and all other sauce ingredients together in a jar. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Crush ramen noodles, pour liquid over salad and stir.
TOFU CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- ¼ c. agave
- 1 package silken firm tofu
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 T. peanut butter or PB2 optional
- Fresh berries for topping optional
- Drain excess water from tofu. (you can sit it on paper towels for a few minutes)
- Add all ingredients to the blender or food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hr. Add fresh berries.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.