It is #SaturdaySnackDown time with Erin Riley-Carrasco, cooking up another magical dish in her kitchen. This time we get to watch her create a vegan crispy coconut shrimp that will completely blow your mind…it is that good.
Anything you can cook I can cook VEGAN! This sweet, golden, crispy, crunchy coconut encrusted recipe is the perfect example of how easy it is to prepare healthy and delicious recipes without using any animal products!! This Crispy Coconut Shrimp is SOOO good and the texture and flavor of the vegan shrimp are excellent! Best part? It’s 100% Cruelty-Free! So throw another vegan shrimp on the barbie and get ready to enjoy this tasty treat!
Vegan Crispy Coconut Shrimp
- 1 lb 24 *vegan shrimp *Large grocery chains don’t carry, so I bought at a local vegan supermarket. You can also order off Amazon.
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 3 tbsp all-purpose wheat flour
- 5 tbsp of “*JUST Egg” *liquid vegan egg product
- pinch salt
- small bunch of cilantro
- non-stick spray
- For Dipping Sauce:
- Sweet Chili Sauce - the brand I used was “Gramma’s”
- Homemade version:
- 1/2 cup apricot preserve
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray
- Combine shredded coconut flakes and Panko crumbs
- Pour 5 tbsp of “JUST Egg” into small bowl
- Put all-purpose wheat flour onto a plate
- Lightly salt all shrimp, then dip the vegan shrimp in the flour, then into the “JUST Egg” product, then in the coconut/Panko crumb mixture.
- Chop the cilantro into very fine pieces then sprinkle on top of the vegan shrimp
- Place the dipped vegan shrimp onto the baking sheet with the cooking spray and then lightly coat the top of the vegan shrimp with spray
- before placing in the oven. Place on the middle rack and bake for about 6 minutes until cooked through and then turn onto other side for
- another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on platter with the dipping sauce in the middle.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.