VEGAN TACO BOWLS WITH GROUND BEET!
WHO CAME UP WITH ‘GROUND BEET’? Find out on #LunchBreakLIVE, the daily plant-based cooking show, with today’s guest Chef Andrés Velarde as he makes vegan taco bowls for us.
Andres is an Animal Rights Activist and Executive Director at WisdomHaus.org, an intentional community hub built upon the Dean Ornish lifestyle for disease-free longevity. And today we are lucky enough to have him show us how he makes his ground ‘beet’ taco bowls!
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT OUR CHEF
Andres was born, raised, and educated in Lima, Perú. He went vegan on the 3rd of November, 2017 (after watching ‘What the Health’), and his passion is incorporating a Gaia business vision into veganism. A social media connoisseur, published vegan author with a knack for writing hard-hitting articles and telling the capital T Truth, Andrés is a vegan, stoic humanist advocate, with a holistic view of the world.
He’s also not bad in the kitchen, always showing us amazing Peruvian dishes that he creates and transforms into vegan masterpieces.
TIME FOR VEGAN TACO BOWLS
You don’t need ground beef in order to have taco bowls. Ground beets work better and are far healthier. This vegan taco bowl is a gorgeous masterpiece filled with an abundance of nutrients and flavors.
Ground Beet Taco Bowl with Passionfruit Dressing
- A bowl
- Sweet potato
- Raw onion
- Red bell pepper
- Red kidney beans
- Tomato sauce
- Vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Ground 'beet' recipe below
- Vegan mayo
- 1 passionfruit
- Jamaican Curry
- For the beans: Take your pre-cooked beans and heat them in a pan with 1 cup of tomato sauce, 1 cup of vegetable broth, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- For the ground 'beet': in a big bowl, take 1/2 cup of crushed beets, 1 cup of lentils, 1 drop of liquid smoke, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mix with ground oats until you achieve a consistency you can shape into a ball. Then bake for 20 minutes or until hardened a little bit. Take this ball and turn it into a crumble, either with your fingers or with a knife. Next, sautee these pieces on a pan with olive oil for 5 minutes. This step is important because we want to feel the ground 'beet' crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- For the dressing: Blend the inside of a passionfruit, pass it through a colander, then mix a spoonful of this cream with stevia, vegan mayo, parsley, Jamaican curry, salt, and pepper.
- Finally, start assembling your taco bowl!
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR LUNCH
Nothing like a tasty vegan taco bowl for lunch! I hope you give this delicious recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your final product and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. If you are looking for other vegan recipes to try, stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.