On this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE we have vegan Chef Holly Hamid from Hawaii, also known as Hollan Hawaii. She is a cookbook author, health and wellness coach, Cordon Bleu-trained Chef and an incredible mother of three. On this episode, she creates one of her delicious recipes from her easy to prepare and beach-inspired book “Good Food Gratitude.” Avo Tacos!
Hollan is a Hawaiian-based vegan Chef, health advocate and former restaurant owner. She’s been vegan for 12 years and loves creating plant-based recipes for a happier, healthier and greener life. True to her family-friendly beach-inspired lifestyle and aesthetics, Hollan lives on the beautiful isle of Kauai and enjoys spending time in the kitchen, with family and friends and in the rejuvenating waters of the Pacific Ocean. Hollan wants to make vegan food easy and accessible for all. Check out her new cookbook “Good Food Gratitude.” for great easy and tasty recipes for the whole family!
Heavenly Fried Avo Tacos
- 1 box gluten-free vegan breadcrumbs 10.5 ounces or 2 cups corn chips blended
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for frying
- 3 teaspoons relish
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1 small head green cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage
- 12 tortillas gluten-free flour or Corn for gluten-free
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (if baking the avocado).
- Put the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl and mix in ½ teaspoon of the salt. Dip the avocado slices into the breadcrumbs, pressing to coat; set aside.
- You can either pan fry or bake the avocado. To pan-fry: coat a large skillet with oil and place it over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the breaded avocado slices and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. To bake: line a baking sheet with parchment and grease the parchment with a little olive oil.
- Arrange the avocado slices on top and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- To make the sauce, combine the relish, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and vegan mayo in a small bowl. Stir well with a fork until no lumps remain. Taste and add a little relish juice for extra ﬂavor. Hot sauce (optional)
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet over low heat, or warm them in the oven.
- Mix together the green and red cabbage in a large bowl.
- In the center of each tortilla, place 2 avocado nuggets, a handful of cabbage, a dollop of sauce, and a few drops of hot sauce, if you like. Celebrate this miracle on Taco Tuesday! or Sacred Sunday
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.