Southern Baked Vegan Mac + Cheese! Oh My!
We have something special for you today! Who doesn’t LOVE vegan mac and cheese? I mean, basically no one! If you don’t like mac and cheese then I simply can’t relate to you. haha. Ooey gooey cheesy yumminess is what this post is about! Chef Sahar Belle shared with us her very new and super spectacular southern baked mac and cheese recipe. And boy oh boy is it SPECIAL. This baked mac recipe is so cheesy and has the perfect amount of spice to give it that southern flair. Let’s check out how she made the magic happen.
Sahar Is A Vegan Mac And Cheese Pro, But What Else?
Sahar is pure magic in the kitchen. She is an extraordinary soulful plant-based alchemist. A recipe developer, but that’s not all. She is also a media content producer, reporter, host, and juicer extraordinaire. When Sahar is not making soulful magic in the kitchen, she likes to spend much of her time at VegFests all over the world. Sahar is known for her specialty Artisanal Mexican cheese: Queso Fresco, and authentic flavor-filled native vegan dishes. She loves to develop her own plant-based recipes, and share them with the world. You can watch her alchemize in the kitchen on her YouTube Show, Unlearning Everything With Sahar Belle. I highly recommend you check out her channel. It is loads of fun! And oh so tasty!
Now Let’s Take A Closer Look At This Delicious Vegan Mac And Cheese…
I am a vegan mac and cheese lover. I grew up eating a ton of mac and cheese as a kid, so it is a favorite of mine. It’s so easy to have delicious and CHEESY mac and cheese, vegan style these days…there are a variety of delicious vegan cheese options available, so animal-based cheese is not missed at all. And Sahar is the queen of vegan cheese. She not only knows the best cheeses to cook with, but she is a master vegan cheesemaker herself.
Ready To Make Your Own?
I am definitely ready to make this dish myself. It is so easy to make, which is my kind of recipe! And it is dripping in cheesiness, which means it’s a go for me haha. The recipe is posted below so you can get cooking yourself and enjoy this incredible cheesy heavenly dish! And if you are looking for more great vegan recipes check out the archives we have available to you. There are a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
Southern Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 1 ½ Lbs Elbow Pasta
- 2 Cups Soy Milk
- 1 Sticks Butter
- 3 Vegan Eggs I Used Just Egg 3 Tbsp equal about 1 Egg so Total 9 Tbsps. Make sure to beat them real good
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika plus a little Extra for topping at the end.
- Dried Parsley for topping at the end.
- 1 Pack of VioLife Cheddar Shreds
- 1 Pack of VioLife Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 Pack of VioLife Colby Jack Shreds
- 3 Tbsp VioLife Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Block of Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Grated
- Pink Himalayan Salt to Taste
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Bake at 385° Covered for 30 Minutes then Uncover it and Back in the over for another 30 Minutes.
- For Best Results Let it Sit, for at least 20 to 30 minutes, it will still be Hot but it will Set very Nicely. Trust me, it's worth the Wait
- I Would Also recommend using Boxed Soy Milk, or Just Boxed plant milk of your choice because it's thicker in consistency Perfect for this Dish. No need to worry about Evaporated milks or heavy cream. Boxed plant milk will do the trick.
- Also, as we are layering our mac, on the first layer, it may be helpful to pour half of the custard in, then after, the final layer, pour the remaining custard liquid, just so it goes down into every macaroni Perfectly
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.