It’s Vegan Mac And Cheese Time
Using Social Media For Animal Advocacy
John Oberg is a social media influencer and animal advocate dedicated to making the world a kinder place for animals by utilizing the power of social media. In late 2018, he launched his own independent, patron-funded program for animals through Patreon to maximize his impact, redefining animal advocacy in the social networking space. Previously, he served as Director of New Media for The Humane League and as Director of Communications for Vegan Outreach. Since launching his project, he has accumulated hundreds of millions of views of his content across social media. He recently launched two online courses through the online educational platform Advocacy Collaborative, Mastering Twitter to Change the World and Mastering Instagram to Change the World. For more info visit JohnOberg.com
VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE BAKED TO PERFECTION
This is that baked mac and cheese you remember grandma making for you when you were a kid. The nostalgia comes pouring in. Baked to perfection and oozing with delicious melted plant-based cheeses, you will be in heaven with every bite. It’s so simple to make, and the whole family is sure to love it. Kids especially! You don’t need to use animal-based cheese to enjoy this favorite dish, vegan cheeses will melt to perfection just the same, giving you that perfect creamy taste and texture!
Old School Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces of regular or whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups of unsweetened vegan milk preferably rice milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of nooch nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tbsp vegan butter like Earth Balance
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup regular bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cook paste to al dante. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start making the cheese sauce. In a small pot, melt the vegan butter. When it's melted, add the pepper and nooch (nutritional yeast flakes) along with the vegan milk.
- Add bagged vegan cheese and cook on low or medium heat for a couple of minutes. Stir frequently and then add in the cooked macaroni.
- Move all of it to a casserole dish, ideally 8x8 inches, but anything will do. Mix in some bread crumbs, then top it off with bread crumbs and a little paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and starting to turn a little brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
Nostalgia In A Recipe Brings Good Taste And All The Feels
Start grabbing your ingredients and get busy in the kitchen. This is a recipe you are sure to love. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Also, be sure to download the UnChained TV new vegan streaming network for all your viewing needs, for FREE. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.