4 Holiday Vegan Recipes, Easy And Fun To Make!
Holiday vegan recipes…it’s that time of year! We are honored to welcome Chef AJ, a consummate professional and incredible superstar in the plant-based / vegan community who has been doing this for over 40 years. She is the host of “Chef AJ LIVE,” a daily show on her YouTube channel (youtube.com/user/therealchefaj) where she interviews interesting people and posts her weekly show: “Weight Loss Wednesdays.” Chef AJ is the author of 3 books: “Unprocessed”, “The Secrets to Ultimate Weight Loss” and “Own Your Health”. Chef AJ is the ultimate entertainer often using comedy and parodies in songs to entertain and inspire the audience to eat more fruits and vegetables in ways that are easy, delicious, and fun!
On this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE Chef AJ whips up four amazing recipes, perfect for the upcoming holidays, all four made in just 30 minutes. She is making Mediterranean Kale, Holiday Eggless Nog, Cranberry Spritzers, and 5-minute Cranberry Relish. Let’s take a look…
Holiday Vegan Recipes…For Holidays, or Any Day!
These four-holiday vegan recipes are perfect for any holiday but especially lovely for Thanksgiving or Christmas. You’ve got a mix of traditional and not so traditional, which in my opinion, is perfect. I love the idea of a vegan Nog. You can have a delicious, creamy eggless nog, very easily. There is no sacrifice during the holidays if you are vegan…pretty much anything can be veganized without lack in taste or texture. In fact, I had a 100% vegan Thanksgiving meal this past holiday that was the BEST Thanksgiving meal I have ever had in my life, including my non-vegan years. It was so delicious! So trust me, there are no holiday sacrifices when it comes to eating vegan.
Let’s take a look at how these four delicious recipes turned out. They look super tasty and fun options to serve to friends and family. Who doesn’t love a good nog or spritzer during the holidays?! I bet they would be a huge hit! And the cranberry relish looks amazing too, the perfect colorful topping for many dishes. Oh yeah, and the kale. You can’t forget to have some greens on the table! And this Mediterranean kale is a tasty choice!
Start Preparing Your Vegan Holiday Recipes!
Before you know it the next big holiday will be here, so start preparing now so you are ready to get cooking. I am posting all four of Chef Aj’s recipes below so you can give them a try. I am certain you will love them as much as I did. They are quick and easy to make, and super tasty, I promise. And if you are looking for other delicious vegan recipes to make please check out our archives. We have so many recipes to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
- 2 10-ounce bags Tuscan kale or 20 ounces of your favorite kale
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen artichoke hearts or 12 ounces of your favorite brand
- 1 3-ounce bag salt-free sun-dried tomatoes or 3 ounces, approx. ¾ of a cup, of your favorite brand
- 1 ounce fresh peeled garlic cloves finely chopped (approx. ¼ cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh basil cut into long thin strips
- Finely chop the kale and artichoke hearts. Place all ingredients except for the fresh basil into an Instant Pot pressure cooker. Set on high pressure for zero minutes. It will take several minutes to achieve the desired pressure, and once it reaches that level, it’s fully cooked. Release pressure immediately and stir in the fresh basil. Drizzle with a good quality reduced balsamic vinegar or Enlightened Faux Parmesan if desired.
5 MINUTE CRANBERRY RELISH
- 1 x 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 2 large peeled oranges zest included
- Dates to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds optional, for a thicker relish
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, process all of the ingredients until the desired chunky texture is reached. Adding fresh ginger and lime juice is also a delicious variation.
HOLIDAY EGGLESS NOG
- 2 cups Hannah yams a.k.a. “Jersey yams” or “White sweet potatoes”, roasted, peeled, and chilled
- 2 large frozen ripe bananas peeled and frozen
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg or more, to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Place all ingredients except nutmeg in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a tall glass and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Japanese sweet potatoes are a good substitute for Hannah yams.
- 1 cup unsweetened apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 4 ounces of sparkling water
- Place apple cider, lime juice, and cranberries in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two pretty glasses. Add four ounces of sparkling water to each glass. Make a toast and enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.