It’s Day 13 Of The 21 Day Vegan Kickstart!
It’s pasta time on the 21 day vegan kickstart, in collaboration with #LunchBreakLIVE and JaneUnChained. Who doesn’t love pasta? For day 13 chef Vince Rountree made Spaghetti al Pisto. This recipe is based on a traditional Spanish dish featuring a tomato, pepper, and vegetable stew served over spaghetti. That sounds so incredible, and I can’t wait to see how it’s made. Let’s dive right in…
Let’s Meet Our Chef
Vince Rountree, age 58, is passionate about helping people with weight loss, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol to reduce their dependency on medication or get them off meds completely. How can he do that? Vince runs a business called Eat Plants and Thrive, which creates and markets programs that help people treat diabetes, obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol with plant-based nutrition.
In 2011, Vince was diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood pressure and his doctor gave him a prescription for cholesterol-lowering statins. But after seeing family members go on meds and still dying of heart attack, he decided to change his diet and he switched to plant-based nutrition. In just 6 weeks, his cholesterol dropped from 240 down to 132. His blood pressure dropped 30 points and he lost 20 pounds!
Vince created the Lose Weight Eating More 10-Day Challenge, which has helped people lose 8 pounds in 10 days, without being hungry and without exercise! He is an Emory University trained Integrative Health Coach and works with clients one-on-one in groups and he works with corporations to improve the health of employees. Integrative Health Coaching empowers clients to make lasting behavior changes that are the foundation for a lifetime of health and well-being.
21 Day Vegan Kickstart Day 13 Recipe
It’s Spaghetti day, and we all love spaghetti day! On this show, Vince made a traditional Spanish dish called Spaghetti al Pisto, which is basically a veggie stew poured over pasta. I have never had this meal before but it sounds both interesting and healthy, as well as tasty! It is packed full of healthy ingredients that make up the stew, and it is another super filling dish, so you won’t have to worry about snacking as much between meals. This is also a very easy meal to prepare, so give it a try for yourself, the recipe is posted below.
Spaghetti al Pisto
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 zucchinis medium, cut into cubes
- 1 green pepper cut into cubes
- 2 red peppers cut into cubes
- 2 15.5-oz cans chopped tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. sugar granulated
- 400 g spaghetti
- To make the ratatouille, heat a large pot on medium heat. Add the onion and sweat for 6-7 minutes or until tender and translucent. If it starts to stick to the pan, add a little water or vegetable broth. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 3 minutes, or until the zucchini begins to tender.
- Add the peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Mix well.
- Pour the can of tomatoes, bay leaf, and sugar into the pot and lower the temperature over low heat.
- Boil everything slowly for 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Meanwhile, boil water. Once the water boils, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and immediately mix with the ratatouille.
Thank You For Joining Us!
Thanks for stopping by for day 13 of the 21 day vegan kickstart. We were shown a healthy and unique pasta dish that is a super easy vegan recipe to make at home. If you are interested in learning more about PCRM or the 21 day kickstart, visit their websites, and consider signing up to join in on the fun. If you want more vegan recipes to try, be sure to head over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page. There are a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl