Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos by the Silver-Chic Chef, Elysabeth Alfano!! Back to school? Oh, please! Elysabeth’s got you! She is in her school uniform to prove it. Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos are the PERFECT after-school snack or easy dinner option. Just watch, my friends. Anyone can do it! Even starving kids who come from school ready to raid the fridge…it’s as easy as assembly (hall).
Corn Tortilla (I prefer the ones which have the ingredients of corn and salt only.)
1 can Black Beans
1.5 Sweet Potato
1 Ear of Corn (optional)
Favorite Hot Sauce
1 Green Onion
Handful of Italian (or any of the kind) Parsley
1. Place sweet potatoes with skin in a toaster oven and cook at 375 for 50 minutes. Fine to do this the day before. Once ready, take out and slice, keeping skin.
2. Meanwhile, drain black beans. Place in a pot. Generously add tajin to taste. Set aside.
3. Shuck corn and either lightly boil entire ear and then cut off kernels or cut off the corn kernels first, and place them in a frying pan of a THIN 1/8 layer of boiling/steam hot water. Pan flash-cook, 30 seconds on each side. Take off heat.
4. Rinse, chop 1 green onion, top and head.
5. Rinse, chop parsley
6. Place 3-4 corn tortillas in a toaster over on toast.
7. Assemble! Place tortillas on a plate. Add hot sauce, sliced sweet potato, spiced beans with tan, corn (optional – but good!), parsley and green onions.
Wonderful as an after-school snack, particularly if sweet potato is already made. Kids can just assemble potato, beans and greens! Also great as a simple dinner meal and is fun for everyone to assemble their own.
Yummy! Tasty! Simple! Fast! Nutritous! and Fun! What more could you ask for?! For more information on Elysabeth, click here and to find out about her Awesome Vegans Podcast and Video Series, click here.