Dolly Vyas-Ahuja, from Houston, makes an amazing and interesting Indian Jackfruit Rice Pulao. There are so many nutrient-dense ingredients in this recipe, and it is bursting with vegan flavor.
Dolly Vyas-Ahuja is an Ahimsa animal activist, public speaker, and documentary producer. Her mission is to spread awareness and education about the cruelty of the Dairy Industry. She comes from a Gandhian family and is the granddaughter of a Freedom Fighter for social justice in India. One of her main objectives is to have Indian temples pledge to be cruelty-free and ban the use of dairy products. She frequently speaks at Jain temples and various vegan events to stress the importance of switching to a plant-based diet for animals, the environment, and human health. She was honored to speak at the World Vegan Conference in New Delhi, India. Dolly has spoken at various venues including Rowdy Girl Sanctuary, LA Reggae Veg Fest, Vegan Radio, Rice University and the Consulate of India in New York. Her goal is to create a world where everyone lives their essential nature of practicing compassion. She is producing an upcoming documentary called The Land of Ahimsa. She hopes the film will inspire those to incorporate pure Ahimsa into their daily lives.
Ahimsa: Ahimsa is an ancient Indian principle of nonviolence which applies to all living beings. It is a key virtue in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Ahimsa is one of the cardinal virtues of Jainism, where it is the first of the Pancha Mahavrata. It is also the first of the five precepts of Buddhism.
Indian Jackfruit Rice Pulao
- Jack fruit pieces frozen- 1cup
- Oil - 2tbs
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Whole garam masala
- 1 cup onions
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 Tbs curd
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp Lemon
- 1 tsp saffron water
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup brown onions
- Salt too taste
- First, cut the jack fruit into medium size pieces. then boil in hot water.
- Separate the seeds and pieces.
- Heat a pan add oil, whole garam masala,
- jack fruit seeds, add some salt and mix it nicely.
- add turmeric powder, mint leaves, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, curd, Red chili powder, coriander powder,
- cumin powder, garam masala, jack fruit pieces, some more salt and mix it again.
- Then add boiled rice, lemon juice, saffron water.
- In the last add coriander leaves, brown onions
- and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer into a plate and serve hot.
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl