Vegan Enchilada Extravaganza! Join Us!
Looking for the perfect cheesy vegan enchilada to grub on for lunch or dinner (or breakfast if that’s your thing..you do you)? Tonia Carrier has the perfect recipe for you. This meal looks so delicious and oh so cheesy….and who doesn’t love a good amount of vegan cheese? Let’s watch how she does it!
Your Vegan Friend Tonia: Vegan Enchilada Master.
Once again impressed, am I right? Tonia has some serious kitchen skills, but her talents go above and beyond just the kitchen! Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Ready To Get Cooking?
I know you want to jump all over these vegan enchiladas, so I am providing the recipe below so you can make this super easy, super tasty dish for yourself. It is the perfect time to get cooking and utilize that kitchen of yours since we are all spending way more time at home due to the Coronavirus. I have been cooking every meal at home for 6 months now, and frankly, I am loving it. Especially since I can so easily find awesome recipes on #LunchBreakLIVE that are easy for me to make and always filled with flavor.
- 10-12 tortillas Corn or flour tortilla soft taco shells
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3/4 C chopped green pepper if desired
- 1/2 C chopped tomato
- 1 1/2 t chili powder
- 1 1/2 t cumin
- 1 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1.5 C vegan meatless crumbles
- 1 large can of enchilada sauce
- 2 C shredded vegan cheese
- 1 C shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 T vegan sour cream
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the onions, green pepper, tomato and meatless crumbles in a pan with a little water. Add the cumin, chili powder and garlic salt. In a fry pan (or 2!) spray lightly with non stick cooking spray. Gently warm/toast the corn tortillas. Do not overcook as the tortillas should remain very flexible. Add about 3/4 of the enchilada sauce to the cake pan. Add 1/10th (or if you're using 12 shells, 1/12th) of the mixture to each shell and wrap it. Place seam side down in the pan over the enchilada sauce. After they're all in the pan cover them with enchilada sauce. Cover with cheese and cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, sour cream and black olives.
Refried Beans in an Instant Pot.
- 1.5 C of raw pinto beans.
- 4 C of water
- 1 C salsa
- 1 package of taco seasoning OR:
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t garlic salt.
- Cook on the "Manual" setting in the instant pot for 65 minutes.
- After cooking remove most of the excess water but not all so they get creamy. Mash with a potato masher. Add the salsa and stir in.
- When serving add a bit of shredded cheese on top if desired.
Let’s Get Vegan Enchilada Ready And Super Cheesy!
I am going to head out and buy the ingredients to make this awesome dish…because I love Mexican food and I LOVE cheese, so this is the perfect recipe for me. I hope you will try this recipe at home too, and definitely let me know how you liked it. Post a comment, share, post on Instagram and tag #LunchBreakLIVE, etc. Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl