Chickpea Flatbread Beautiful And Delicious!
#SaturdaySnackdown with Michelle May sharing her recipe for Chickpea Flatbread with Savory Coconut Jerky Bacon, Kale & Sweet Onion. This simple, versatile dish makes a delicious & easy brunch. Seva Foods Savory Coconut Jerky makes a great vegan bacon substitute for this dish and many more! Check it out…
Chickpea Flatbread Fit For Royals, And So Much More…
Michelle May is President & Founder of Seva Foods. With a lifelong love for food, Michelle is passionate about helping improve the lives of individuals and the health of the planet through the way we eat. She is a graduate of culinary and nutrition programs at Matthew Kenney Culinary and is also certified in Plant-Based Nutrition through Cornell University. Having worked for over a decade in tech, as a web developer and graphic designer, Michelle transitioned to the wellness industry in 2015. Prior to founding Seva Foods in 2017, she was a recipe developer and provided community cooking classes, nutrition workshops, and private chef services. In addition to being a nutrition geek and plant-based chef, Michelle is also a longtime yogi, animal rights activist, dog mom, vegan community organizer, and founder of Benjii’s Canine Cuisine.
Michelle always cooks up the most amazing dishes fro us on #SaturdaySnackdown, and we love having her on the show! Let’s check out how her Chickpea Flatbread turned out. Hint Hint..it looks SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD.
Ready To Make This Dish?
I know I am! It is a super easy dish to make, perfect for brunch with friends or family. I am providing the recipe below so you can go ahead and give it a shot…and be sure to let us know how it turned out.
Chickpea Flatbread with Savory Coconut Jerky Bacon, Kale & Sweet Onion
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup packed kale chopped
- ¼ cup sliced sweet onion
- ¼ cup chopped Seva Foods Savory Coconut Jerky “bacon”
- ½ ts avocado oil
- ½ ts sea salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Neutral spray oil
- Mix chickpea flour and sea salt in a bowl.
- Whisk in water and ½ teaspoon avocado oil.
- Cover the bowl and let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Oil a 10 inch oven safe skillet or pan with spray oil.
- Pour batter into skillet and distribute kale, onion and bacon evenly on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a cutting board to cut into slices.
Thank You For Joining Us!
Thanks for joining us on another episode of #SaturdaySnackDown! Be sure to check out the many other recipes available from previous shows. There are a ton of delicious ones to choose from! Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.