Looking For The Perfect Lentil Recipe?
On #LunchBreakLIVE as a special treat for you all, Vanessa Marsot’s half-sister, Sylvianne, has flown in from the South of France to make Lentils Provençale, a dish popular in the South. This lentil recipe is delicious, vegan, healthy, low cost, easy to make, and full of nutrients. It is part of the #WorldVeganTour, a campaign to promote world veganism to combat cruelty, climate change, and human health concerns by promoting veganism through using the same ingredient in recipes from around the world.
If You Love Lentils, You’ll Love This Lentil Recipe.
Lentils are a delicious and versatile food. High in protein and nutrients, this powerful food can be used in so many diverse dishes, adding fiber, protein, and the perfect texture to your dish. Lentils Provençales, the recipe Vanessa, or her sister, made for us shows you how delicious lentils are!
Ready To Cook Up Delicious Lentils Provençales From France?
I am providing the recipe for this delicious and healthy dish so you can try it at home. Be sure to let us know how you liked it. And if you want to try some more great vegan recipe, check out some of our previous #LunchBreakLIVE shows. There are a ton of recipes to choose from.
Lentil Recipe: Lentils Provençales
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried French green lentils or pre-cook in the instant pot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 14 ounce or 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 TB capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for serving
- Heat vinegar in a medium pot over medium heat.
- When the pot is hot, add the onion. Sweat the onion for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until very fragrant.
- Add water/ broth, lentils, and herbes de Provence, then raise the heat and bring the water to a boil. Or precook the lentils to reduce cooking time.
- If not pre-cooking the lentils, lower the heat and allow the lentils to simmer until just a tad undercooked, about 30 minutes. Add a bit of hot water to the pot if it gets too dry while simmering.
- After the lentils are done, add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the wine to the pot. Raise the heat and bring it to a simmer. Allow it to cook until most of the liquid has cooked off, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, and capers into the pot. Bring it back up to a simmer.
- Remove the pot from heat and season the stew with salt and pepper.
- Divide into bowls and top with fresh basil. Serve.
Thank You For Joining Us!
This was a fun show with Vanessa! She is great in the kitchen, and always full of surprises! Hope to meet here again soon. And be sure to watch #LunchBreakLIVE every day at 12:3o pm PDT LIVE. Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.