Fried Avocado Tacos Are The Bomb!
Everything tastes better when fried, I am not gonna lie! And these fried avocado tacos prove just that. Avocados rock on their own, raw, but fry them up and forget about it! Delicious. Throw them in a taco and wow, how much more heavenly can it get? Marlon joins us again on #LunchBreakLIVE to show us how to make this super delicious meal.
Fried Avocado Tacos And Compassion!
Marlon Rison, known as Plantbased G, is a super cool home chef, cookbook author, fitness enthusiast, and public speaker bringing attention to our responsibility to love animals as we do ourselves. He is a big animal advocate and vegan lifestyle advocate, with mad skills in the kitchen (as you can tell). We love having Marlon on as a guest because he always cooks up the most delicious and unique vegan meals, with a huge side of compassion!
Fried Avocado Tacos. A Recipe For Compassion.
It is so easy to live life with compassion, starting on your plate. These delicious tacos are a great example of how delicious it is to be vegan, and how easy it is. There are so many plant-based options in the world these days, filled with all the flavor you desire. The recipe for these incredible tacos is below, and there are so many other vegan recipes to try from previous shows on #LunchBreakLIVE.
Fried Avocado Tacos
- 1 cup homemade bread crumbs 3-4 pieces of bread for toast
- ¼ cup of onion
- 5 peeled garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of cornmeal
- ¼ cup of unbleached flour
- 2 vegan eggs
- 1 cup of plant-based milk oat is what I like
- 3-4 large avocados cut into wedges, approximately 6-8 for each
- 2 large king oyster mushrooms shredded shred with a fork vertically
- 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Avocado oil
- 2 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 large diced bell pepper
- 1 large diced jalapeno
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- Take the breadcrumbs and place in a blender or food processer with onion and garlic. Blend for 60 seconds and set aside. Trust me…the added flavor to your batter is going to make you smile.
- Before we get to the avocado, let’s get our mushroom shreds going. In a medium-sized skillet pour in ½ inch of avocado oil and place on medium heat. Add the mushroom shreds, BBQ sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper and cover/cook for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to check and stir every few minutes or so. Remove from heat when done.
- In a separate deep cast-iron skillet, pour in 2 inches of avocado oil on medium-high heat. Get the dips ready…set up you dry batter #1 (cornmeal and flour), wet batter (vegan egg and plant-based milk), and dry #2 which is your breadcrumbs concoction. Take your avocado wedges, working in batches, and go #1, wet batter, and #2 then to the oil. Fry avocado until golden brown, approximately 1 to 2 on each side maximum. Remove from heat and place on paper towel.
- Let’s bring it all together…heat up your tortillas and add cabbage, bell peppers, jalapeno, avocado, mushroom shreds, and whatever sauces you like and enjoy!!!
Thank You, Please Come Back For More!
What a fun show! Marlon makes the best food, and I can’t wait to try these tacos. Avocados make anything better, but fried avocado, oh oh my! And in a taco…wow! I’ll be having these on Taco Tuesday and every other day! Thank you so much for joining us today, and I look forward to seeing you here again soon. Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.