Golden Beet Poke
(adapted from Action Bronson’s recipe)
Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 2 c roasted golden beets, skin removed, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp tamari or Bragg’s
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Maui onion, cut in half and sliced into thin strips
- lime juice, to taste
- cilantro, to taste
- sesame seeds, to top
- cooked white rice
1. Add the tamari, aminos, and sesame oil to a large bowl and stir to incorporate. Toss in the freshly grated ginger, scallions and the onion.
2. Add some lime juice and cilantro to liven it up. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. Add the beets and mix to coat them with sauce.
- Serve over white rice or cauliflower rice (optional) and top with more cilantro, green onion, sesame seeds, cucumber, lime wedges, kelp or dulse flakes for an ocean flavor… whatever your heart desires!
- I scrub the beets, remove the greens, wrap them in foil, and roast them whole for about 45 mins – 1 hour (depending on size) at 375°
- If you’re not gluten-free you can use soy sauce in place of tamari and aminos
- If you can’t find maui onions, another sweet variety will work
- If you don’t have sesame seeds, do what I do and top with hemp hearts!