Are you interested in learning how to make delicious vegan Italian comfort food? Then you don’t want to miss this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. Today Lindsey Baker makes Meatballs Marinara with the super popular vegan burger meat, Beyond Burger.
This is Lindsey’s secret family recipe that has been passed on for generations, and now she has veganized it. Thanks, Lindsey for sharing this recipe with the world and showing us that ANYTHING can be made, vegan.
Lindsey Baker is a vegan activist, artist performer and a contributor for JaneUnchained News Network. She has taught at the college level, in the area of graphic design and advertising for over 20 years.
Prior to becoming vegan, Lindsey had no interest in cooking at all. But since going vegan 5 years ago, she has become very curious about cooking and transforming non-vegan meals into delicious and healthy vegan versions. She is now on a mission to veganize all her mother’s secret recipes that have been carried on for generations. By sharing these recipes she hopes to show the world it is easy to be vegan, and there is no lack of taste or excitement in vegan food.
Italian Vegan Meatballs Marinara
- 2 lbs. vegan ground beef. Adjust according to how much beyond meat you have. To the beyond meat add: add Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbs Parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 slices bread run under water, then squeeze out water
- Just Egg Use the equivalent of 3 eggs approx.1/3 of the bottle
- Mix well. If too dry or too wet, adjust bread crumbs, bread, and Just Egg accordingly.
- Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake @ 350 -375 in a preheated oven, about 1/ hour until a nice crust forms on the bottom. But watch they donʼt burn. They should be firm.
- Let stand to harden slightly for about 1/2 hour
- Simmer in the sauce for about a half-hour, stirring frequently.
- Serve with Italian spices and Parmesan cheese
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.