VEGAN TORTILLA SOUP WITH PLANT-BASED “CHICKEN”
Tortilla soup was once one of my favorites prior to going vegan! Now, I can have it again with this delicious and easy-to-make protein-packed vegan tortilla soup recipe. Today on #SaturdaySnackDown Erin Riley-Carrasco shows us how to make this amazing soup! This is one of Erin’s favorite, staple meals to make at home. Her family LOVES it, and so will you! The soup is made with vegan “chicken” and has all the flavor and none of the cruelty!
MORE THAN JUST A MASTER IN THE KITCHEN
Erin is a continuous joy to have for us at JaneUnChained with her #SaturdaySnackDown cooking show. She makes the most incredible recipes that always wow her friends and family, as well as our viewers! Erin is not only a brilliant cook, but she is the co-founder of Alma Rescue and a warrior who fights for animal rights! Alma Rescue provides rescue, transport, veterinary care, and shelter for homeless animals. Through a team of dedicated volunteers, they provide compassionate care and a safe haven for neglected and abused animals. Just amazing!
HOW TO MAKE THIS GO-TO VEGAN TORTILLA SOUP
You don’t have to be a master chef to whip up this hearty meal on your own. The recipe is pretty simple. With corn chips or tortilla strips, you get the perfect crunch in every bite. Top it with some shredded vegan cheese and heaven awaits!
Vegan Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 package Gardein meatless Chick’n Strips
- 2 cartons Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Spanish rice
- 2 cans of cannelloni beans or white navy beans
- 1 carton of Salsa Verde
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 avocado
- Violife vegan cheddar shreds
- Organic Corn Chips or Crushed Tortilla Chips for topping
- Optional Toppings: Violife Sour Cream, a wedge of lime, red salsa
- In a skillet, grill vegan Chick’n Strips in vegetable broth until browned on each side. Add garlic salt to strips while cooking as well as the two cloves of minced garlic, cooking approx. 5-7 minutes
- In a soup pot, add 1 1/2 cartons of Low Sodium Vegetable Broth, *1/2 carton of Salsa Verde (*or full carton if you like really spicy,) both cans of beans and Spanish rice.
- When Chik’n strips are cooked add to the soup pot and stir. Taste and if you’d like spicier, add more of the Salsa Verde.
- Cook about 10 minutes
- Pour soup into bowls and top with crush corn chips or tortilla chips, vegan cheese shreds, vegan sour cream, cilantro, and any additional toppings you like. Enjoy!
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY
Thanks for joining us on this episode of #SaturdaySnackDown. This tortilla soup is the perfect meal for those colder months, so cook it up on a cool evening for friends or family and watch the tasty pleasure expressions take over. If you want to try more recipes by Chef Erin, stop by the #SaturdaySnackDown page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl