Tracy Childs and Julie Mihalisin join us on #LunchBreakLIVE. Julie is co-founder of The New Health Club, a place to find both a basic overview and an encyclopedia of supporting resources on why and how all kinds of people from all over the world are choosing to EAT their way to health with plant-based foods.
Today, Julie is making her easy and delicious go-to lunch: Southwest Sweet Potato “Toast” on a bed of greens with a creamy Chipotle-Lime dressing. She also shares proven tips for losing weight and feeling your best using her educational tool and app called NuCal®.
Julie recently launched a contest to help promote her new course with $3000 worth of valuable prizes, including Tracy’s REAL Foods Goodies! Find out more at: https://contest.newhealthclub.com.
Tracy is founder and director of Veg-Appeal, PlantDiego, and the recently launched Tracy’s REAL Foods – featuring freshly made vegan, whole food cookies and other plant-based snacks and treats shipped or delivered FRESH, nationwide. She also teaches nutrition and cooking with Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine Food for Life program.
Check out how beautiful this dish is! It is almost too pretty to eat! I can’t wait to try this recipe as I am a big fan of southwestern anything! And this southwestern sweet potato “toast” looks just amazing!
SOUTHWEST SWEET POTATO TOAST
- SWEET POTATO TOAST INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large round sweet potato
- ¼ cup refried black beans
- 3 mixed mini sweet bell peppers
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup salsa fresca drained
- 2 Tbl chopped olives drained 2-3 Tbl chipotle lime dressing
- CHIPOTLE-LIME DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 10 oz. package Mori Nu organic silken tofu drained
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbl miso paste
- 1 Tbl fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/4” disks.
- Bake for 15 minutes on a silicone sheet or parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, slice and de-seed the peppers.
- Drain and squeeze excess liquid from salsa.
- Drain excess liquid from the tofu and place in a large cup or small bowl.
- Blend tofu with lime juice, miso, cilantro, chipotle and maple syrup until creamy.
- After baking for 15 minutes, flip the sweet potato slices and add the peppers to the tray.
- Return potatoes and peppers to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and peppers from the oven and allow to cool.
- Arrange mixed greens on a large plate.
- Arrange potatoes on greens.
- Spread a thin layer of black beans, salsa and chipotle lime dressing on each potato.
- Garnish with black olives and cilantro
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.