Make Your Edamame Salad Pop With Color!
It’s a colorful day in the kitchen! Join Tracy Childs of Tracy’s Real Foods and Veg-Appeal in the kitchen while she shows us her favorite easy-peasy fridge-friendly colorful edamame salad! This is a super fun, easy, healthy, and colorful meal you can throw together in no time at all!
Check out Tracy & loads of other plant-based chefs on UnchainedTV! Download the UnchainedTV FREE APP now! From the APP store on your iPhone, android, Roku device, AppleTV device, Amazon Fire Stick, and LG and Samsung TVs….but now, back to the food.
Let’s take a closer look at how Tracy put together this beautiful meal in minutes…
CHEF TRACY CHILDS, MORE THAN JUST A MAGICIAN IN THE KITCHEN
Tracy is a super passionate vegan foodie activist who fully embraced veganism since first becoming vegetarian as a teen in 1979, then vegan in 1990. She’s dedicated to spreading the message of how plants & lifestyle choices can heal the planet, protect animals and help us avoid needless suffering from lifestyle-related diseases.
She is co-founder, chef, and director of Tracy’s Real Foods a whole-foods, plant-based company that ships healthy Goodies nationwide. She’s a certified Nutritional Consultant and holds a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell. Tracy has also taught nutrition and cooking for over a decade as a Food for Life Instructor, certified with the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine. As the Founder and Director of Veg-Appeal in San Diego, she offers educational cooking classes, corporate wellness, individual & cooking lessons, store tours & personal health coaching. Tracy is also the Founder and Director of PlantDiego, a San Diego-based nonprofit “PlantPure Pod” inspired by the movie PlantPure Nation to educate and support people in living a healthy, whole-food, plant-based lifestyle. In addition, Tracy is a cookbook author! She contributed over 100 recipes for the book — Handbook to Higher Health Consciousness.
Edamame Salad, A Healthy Meal Full Of Flavor
Edamame is a high protein high fiber food full of nutrients and is a perfect ingredient for all kinds of salads. In Tracy’s salad, edamame is the star of the show. Tracy used ingredients like mint, cilantro, and onions to bring bursts of different flavors to every bite. Add some rice vinegar, coconut sugar, Braggs aminos (soy sauce), and some sesame oil, and you’ve got a dressing that screams perfection. The exact recipe is below so go ahead and give this dish a try.
Colorful Edamame Salad
- 1 12-ounce package frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded carrot or red bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s Aminos or Soy Sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds unhulled or black, garnish
- Bring about 5 cups water to boil. Add the edamame, and a dash of salt. Set the timer for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add the shredded carrots and cook them with the edamame for 2 minutes more, then add the corn, just to thaw and freshen. Drain well and set this mixture aside to cool for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, chop your herbs (cilantro, mint, green onions) and set them aside and then prepare your dressing. In a small bowl mix together the rice vinegar, coconut sugar, Bragg’s Aminos and toasted sesame oil. Add salt and black pepper to taste if you like.
- Add the cooled edamame, corn, and carrots to a mixing bowl and add the prepared herbs and the dressing. Stir well then place into a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Chill for about an hour before serving to allow flavors to meld.
Enjoy Your Edamame
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did. It is simple, healthy, and full of color, life, and love! Give it a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to our recipes page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.