Pasta With Red Pepper Vegan Alfredo Sauce!
Enjoy the creamy taste of vegan alfredo sauce without the excess fat and calories! Join Tracy Childs of Tracy’s Real Foods and Veg-Appeal in the kitchen while she shows you her favorite roasted red pepper alfredo sauce. Check out Tracy & loads of other plant-based chefs on UnchainedTV! Download the UnchainedTV FREE APP now! From the APP store on your cell phone, Roku device, AppleTV device, Amazon Fire Stick, and LG and Samsung TVs. Hundreds of vegan documentaries, cooking shows, and talk shows. But now, let’s get back to the food and see how Tracy makes this delicious, creamy pasta with alfredo!
A WEALTH OF HEALTH AND KNOWLEDGE
Tracy is a super passionate healthy food advocate who fully embraced a plant-based lifestyle after first becoming vegetarian as a teen, then vegan as a young adult. She’s dedicated to spreading the message of how plants & lifestyle choices can heal the planet, protect animals and help us avoid needless suffering from lifestyle-related diseases.
She is co-founder, chef, and director of Tracy’s Real Foods a whole-foods, plant-based company that ships healthy Goodies nationwide. She’s a certified Nutritional Consultant and holds a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell. Tracy has also taught nutrition and cooking for over a decade as a Food for Life Instructor, certified with the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine. As the Founder and Director of Veg-Appeal in San Diego, she offers healthy cooking classes, corporate wellness, individual & cooking lessons, store tours & personal health coaching. Tracy is also the Founder and Director of PlantDiego, a San Diego-based nonprofit “PlantPure Pod” inspired by the movie PlantPure Nation to educate and support people in living a healthy, whole-food, plant-based lifestyle. She loves sharing healthy food tips so much she’s a frequent contributor, filming live cooking demos for #LunchBreakLive on Facebook with the Jane Unchained News Network. In addition, Tracy is a cookbook contributor! She contributed over 100 recipes for the book by —David Kater: Handbook to Higher Health Consciousness and has a new one coming out this fall by Glen Mercer called “Food is Climate.”
You Can Have Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Most alfredo sauces are a disaster nutritionally because they are full of oils, cream, cheeses, and other high fat/calorie ingredients. This recipe brings in the nutrition and flavor of veggies, which also lowers the calories. You’ll be surprised to find that this vegan alfredo sauce is still just as creamy as regular alfredo! The addition of hemp seeds increases plant protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
- 8 ounces pasta of choice prepared according to package directions
- 1 small/medium red bell pepper chopped into ¾ inch chunks
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup raw cashews see Chef’s Note
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 cloves garlic whole
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon light miso
- 1 cup zucchini chunks raw
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- black pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, place the red bell pepper and ¼ cup of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook on low until the pepper is soft, checking often to make sure it doesn’t burn, adding splashes of liquid as needed. This takes 5-10 minutes. Continue to sauté to lightly “roast” and soften the pepper in the pan, while the cooking liquid evaporates.
- When it’s done, combine it with the remaining ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve over pasta, roasted vegetables, potatoes, or steamed veggies. The possibilities are many!
Thanks For Joining Us For Some Yummy Eats!
Vegan alfredo never tasted so good! This recipe looks so delicious, but it’s not only tasty, it is healthy also! Give this dish a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished meal and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other simple plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to our recipe page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.