A Plant-Based Chicken Casserole That Is Oozing With Yum!
Ooey, gooey, cheesy, broccoli casserole with plant-based chicken and stuffing! Join Tonia L Carrier Hicks, AKA Your Vegan Friend Tonia, as she veganizes this family favorite dish from her childhood on #LunchBreakLIVE. Who doesn’t love a good casserole dripping in plant-based cheese. You are going to love this one.
Chef Tonia Knows How To Make Magic In The Kitchen!
As usual, I am totally impressed with Tonia’s magic-making. She has some serious kitchen skills when it comes to making delicious plant-based comfort food. But her talents don’t stop there! Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Let’s Eat Some Plant-Based Chicken Cheesy Broccoli Casserole!
That’s a mouth full of goodness. This casserole has everything. It’s got your plant-based meat, your vegan cheese, your vegan stuffing and dressing, some veggies, and a whole-lotta flavor in every bite. This is a true comfort dish that the whole family is sure to love. Another perfect meal for the winter months. And casseroles are so easy to make…this one is no different. Simple, yet delicious. The recipe is below so give it a try.
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR PLANT-BASED CHICKEN AND DRESSING CASSEROLE
- 1/2 C onion diced
- 1/2 C celery chopped
- 2-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 C nutritional yeast
- 1.5-2 T flour
- 1 ¾-2 C plant-based milk unsweetened
- 1.5-2 C vegan cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 6-7 C chopped broccoli fresh or frozen
- 2-3 C cut portabella mushrooms
- 2-3 C Vegan chicken cut up
- 1 bag vegan stuffing mix bag or box
- 2 C vegetable broth to prepare the stuffing as directed
- Heat oven to 350. Cut up broccoli, mushrooms, and faux chicken and place in baking dish.
- Saute onions, celery and garlic in pan using vegetable broth or water.
- When those are ½ way through cooking add nutritional yeast and flour.
- Slowly mix in plant milk. Stir for 2 minutes. Add shredded cheese and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce over veggies and chicken. Prepare dressing as instructions say. (I left out the butter because I didn’t think it was needed).
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Thanks For Joining Us!
I hope you enjoyed this show as much as I did. I just love it when Tonia joins us in the kitchen. She makes the best plant-based recipes full of all the comfort we desire. Many of her recipes are traditional family favorites veganized, which I love. If you are looking for more easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton for you to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl