PORTOBELLO CHEESESTEAK VEGAN EGG ROLLS. OMG!
These vegan egg rolls are the bomb. Delicious plant-based portobello cheesesteak fried morsels of heaven! On today’s #LunchBreakLIVE guest Chef, Dr. Brooke Brimm, shows us how to throw this incredible recipe together for an amazing meal or appetizer. Let’s take a look.
DR. BROOKE BRIMM, MASTER IN THE KITCHEN AND MORE!
Rev. Dr. Brooke Brimm is a metaphysical women’s practitioner, plant-dominant chef, author, and certified yoga instructor.
With undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Psychology, Counseling, and Holistic Life Counseling from Georgia State University and the University of Sedona, Brooke describes herself as a minister of mind, body, and Spirit. She uses self-exploration exercises, yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, creative expression, healing culinary arts, and healing herbs, as useful modalities to lead thousands of clients and students to their own self-healing.
She has developed powerful spiritual programs which inspire women to explore and discover their authentic God-selves. They include her signature programs Inner Beat Movement TM, Release the UnYou and Live as the Real YouTM, and Brooke Brimm RetreatsTM.
Brooke has authored four books all of which can be found on Amazon:
• Love’s Gumbo: Ingredients for a Loving and Lasting Relationship
• Loves God Herself: Yoga and Mindfulness for Black Women Who Follow The Christ
• Love God Herself: A Journaling Workbook for Inner Healing, Inner Guidance, and
• Vegan Soul Food Holiday Recipe Guide
• Vegan Soul Food Recipe Guide: 30+ Salads, Raw, Juices, & Smoothies Recipes
Dr. Brimm founded Brooke Brimm Ministries, Inc.,501c3, a non-profit with the mission to lead women to hear their inner wisdom and inner healing. She is also the founder of two Facebook groups where she offers support and guidance. Vegan Soul Food, which includes over 215,000 members who enjoy plant-based food. The Metaphysical Black Women, which is comprised of 2,200 Black women who are of all religions, and also hold beliefs that God is connected to the mind, body, and Spirit of our beings.
Dr. Brimm teaches yoga & plant-dominant cooking weekly in Atlanta and online. She is sought after to facilitate her women-centered and holistic programs at conferences, retreats, and special gatherings throughout the world.
Check out this page from Dr. Brooke’s Mind, Body, & Spirit
THE BEST VEGAN EGG ROLLS YOU’LL EVER HAVE
Fried egg rolls are a delicious and fun treat. I love them! This recipe is so simple which is exciting because egg rolls always seemed so difficult to make in my mind. But not these! Even I can be successful at this one. The bulk filling is made from portobello which is perfect for mimicking the “steak”. It cooks down to the perfect texture. The vegan cheese sauce she makes is scrumptious and perfect for the dressing of these egg rolls. I hope you give this recipe a try, you won’t regret it.
Portobella Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- For The Steak:
- 2 large Portabellas sliced & then chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced & them chopped
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- S&P to taste
- For The Cheese:
- 2 potatoes peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 2 small carrots roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Vegan egg roll wrappers
- 1-2 cups of oil for deep frying.
- Sauté seasoned mushrooms & onions for 25 -30 mins in a oiled pan on medium heat.
- Boil all cheese sauce ingredients, except nutritional yeast in water about 25 minutes or until very soft.
- Blend cooked ingredients with nutritional yeast in a high speed blender, until smooth.
- . Salt & pepper to taste.
- Place a tablespoon of steak mixture in the center of one egg roll sheet. Add a teaspoon of cheese sauce. Wet the four edges of the wrapper with water. Fold a corner diagonally over the mixture, then pull up the sides & corner to roll into a egg roll shape.
- Place in frying oil that has reached 325 degrees. Allow to brown Remove from oil & drain. Let sit for 5 minutes before eating. Enjoy.
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR THIS AWESOME EPISODE!
What a fun episode of #LunchBreakLIVE with Dr. Brimm. I hope you give this recipe a try, and if you do please take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Leave a comment here and let us know if you enjoyed the egg rolls. If you are looking for other plant-based recipes to try, be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.