Veggie Stir Fry Made From What’s In Your Fridge!
Get your saucy veggie stir fry on with Jane Velez-Mitchell in the kitchen! She whips up her favorite “Any Veggies in the Fridge Dish” for us on #LunchBreakLIVE! Founder of UNCHAINEDTV, Jane is an award-winning journalist, New York Times bestselling author & director of the award-winning film Countdown to Year Zero! Watch it today on UNCHAINEDTV, our new FREE vegan, streaming television network you can easily download as an APP on your iPhone, Android phone, or on your television via Roku device, Amazon Fire Stick, or Apple TV device or LG Smart TV! Hundreds of movies, cooking shows, and talk shows! Download it now.
Let’s go ahead and watch Jane get saucy in the kitchen, making her favorite go-to meal for us…
SHE IS A TRUE DEDICATED VEGAN, CHANGING THE WORLD FOR THE BETTER
Jane Velez-Mitchell is the Founder of JaneUnChained News Network and UnChainedTV, a 501 c3 nonprofit organization. JaneUnChained is a digital news network for animal rights and the vegan lifestyle, which has more than 60 volunteer contributors from around the world who showcase vegan festivals, animal rights conferences, protests, vegan restaurants, and more. UnChained TV is a FREE TV streaming network with cooking shows, documentaries, talk shows, music, and so much more. All plant-based and vegan-related.
Jane is an incredible journalist with a passion to spread the ongoing, growing vegan and animal rights news, locally and around the world. But when she is not reporting, she is often experimenting in her kitchen, creating all sorts of unusual and tasty vegan eats.
What Will You Toss In Your Veggie Stir Fry?
You ever have those days where you open the fridge and just can’t figure out what to make? You have a variety of veggies but can’t decide which one you want? How about chopping them all up and throwing them into a delicious, simple, and quick veggie stir fry. Jane had some cabbage, kale, cauliflower, quinoa and rice mix, and even a little potato to throw in her pan, among other things. Top it with the sauce of your choice, or copy Jane and simply use some vegan ranch, nutritional yeast, and a bit of balsamic vinegar. Whatever dressing you choose, it will be delicious.
Whatever Veggies You Have in the Fridge Stir Fry!
- Minced garlic
- diced onions
- veggies - your preference Jane used red cabbage, cauliflower and kale and a little potato
- garlic salt
- brown rice and quinoa combo
- nutritional yeast
- vegan ranch
- balsamic vinegar
- Put a heaping tablespoon or two of minced garlic on a pan, medium to high heat.
- Add chopped onion.
- Add a dash of water and sauté until caramelized.
- Slice up whatever veggies you have handy and add one after the other.
- I had purple cabbage, cauliflower and kale.
- If using kale, make sure to strip off the stems and cut into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add in spices like garlic salt, cumin, Vegeta seasoning and/or your faves.
- Add in a combo of brown rice and quinoa, which you can have pre-made in the Instant Pot using half a cup of brown rice, half a cup of quinoa.
- Stir until desired crispiness.
- Serve with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast, a dollop of vegan ranch dressing and a swirl of balsamic vinegar.
Thanks For Joining Us On #LunchBreakLIVE
It’s easy to cook up a healthy and rewarding veggie stir fry, take it from Jane! Give her recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChainedTV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to cook up? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl