CAULIFLOWER VEGAN TINGA RECIPE, SIMPLE AND FLAVORFUL
Cauliflower vegan tinga made by a remarkable chef on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE! Fabulously Vegan, Artinces Esse, dedicated to helping the veg-curious find food happiness in veganism, makes this interesting veganized Mexican dish for us. Let’s see how it is done!
PASSIONATE ABOUT SHARING VEGANISM WITH THE WORLD
Artinces, better known as “Fabulously Vegan”, is a veganpreneur focusing on the vegan lifestyle, coaching, and vegucating those who are veg-curious! She is the founder and owner of Fabulously Vegan LLC, a vegan business offering online health coaching services, consulting, writing, and speaking engagements. She has lived a vegan compassionate lifestyle for 17 years and absolutely loves the journey! Artinces’ focus is simply to make the lifestyle more accessible and show how fabulous veganism truly is! Fabulously Vegan was created in 2011 as a one-on-one health coaching and raw vegan food style cuisine education platform.
Artinces is passionate about the vegan lifestyle and has devoted her life to fighting against animal cruelty and uplifting and encouraging healthy lifestyle habits for the St. Louis community. She loves working with organizations to bring awareness to food scarcity and food deserts and working with non-profits to promote and educate the masses regarding eco-friendly habits.
WHAT IS VEGAN TINGA?
Chicken Tinga is traditionally a Mexican dish made with shredded chicken in a sauce made from tomatoes, chipotle chilis in adobo, and sliced onions. It is often served on a tostada with a layer of refried beans. It can be topped with avocado slices, crumbled cheese, Mexican crema, and salsa. But today, Artinces turned this traditional dish into a vegan taco masterpiece. Cauliflower steals the show with this vegan tinga recipe. It’s simple to make and the outcome is fabulous…full of all the right flavors and textures.
Cauliflower Tinga Poblano Taco by Fabulously Vegan
- Roasted Cauliflower Tinga:
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Tinga Sauce:
- 4 Chipotle Peppers sliced
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 1/5 Yellow Onion Sliced
- 5 Roma Tomatoes cleaned and chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Cumin
- Lentil Chorizo:
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- ½ of Yellow Onion Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 ½ cup cooked Brown Lentils
- 1 Tbsp Organic Tomato Paste
- ½ Siete Chorizo Seasoning Pack
- 3 drops of Liquid Smoke
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Organic Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Preheat Oven to 360.
- Take Cauliflower cleanse and pat dry. Turn the cauliflower upside down cut the leave and stem. Be careful not to remove the big middle stem as it should remain intact. Add Avocado Oil (with brush if you have one), add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt.
- Place the cauliflower head, stem side down in the baking dish, pour ¼ cup of water in dish, and roast uncovered for 90 minutes.
- Prepare lentils per instructions on package. If using dry lentils add 1 cup of dry lentils to pot with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Continue to cook for 20 minutes. Once cooked place lentils on baking sheet topped with parchment paper and roast/dry in oven for 40 minutes.
- Prepare Tinga Sauce:
- Add oil to skillet and onion and saute over medium heat. Add tomato and garlic.
- Continue to add coconut sugar, cumin, chipotle peppers, and remaining seasoning.
- Continue to saute over medium low heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- Pour/scoop out Tinga sauce and place to the side.
- Once Cauliflower has roasted and browned cover with Tinga Sauce and place back in oven for an addition 15- 20 minutes.
- Remove Cauliflower from oven and allow to cool.
- Chorizo Prep:
- Add oil and saute onions and garlic over medium heat.
- Cook until translucent and add lentils. Mix well.
- Add Tomato Paste and remaining of ingredients. Continue over low medium heat, mix well, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Watch over lentils to prevent sticking. You don’t want the mix to be sticky nor too wet.
- Build your Taco with the optional additions mentioned below using Siete’s Chickpea Flour Tortilla!
- Optional** ColeSlaw:
- Add 1 cup of Red Cabbage (shredded), 1 cup of Green Cabbage Shredded, 1 Green Onion, 1 cup of Carrots (Shredded) into a bowl with a squeeze of lime and touch of maple syrup.
- Cashew Sour Cream:
- 1 ½ cups of Cashews (soaked for 8 hours OR soaked in hot water for 1.5 hours)
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place ingredients in high powered blender, you may have to scrape the sides at times, until smooth.
- Add whatever your favorite Plant-based additions may be and use your favorite Taco Shells! This recipe, without the Cashew Sour Cream, is GF Soy Free, Nut Free, and Grain Free! Buen Provecho
A MUST TRY DISH
I really enjoyed this fun and tasty episode of #LunchBreakLIVE and I am definitely considering trying the recipe. If you decide to give it a go, be sure to take a photo of your finished dish and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are interested in trying some other easy vegan recipes, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl