A Simple Way To Make Vegan Tacos
We have easy to make, vegan tacos you will love. This recipe is made with Sunshine plant-based burgers, making the process simple! Bring your appetite with you for today’s #LunchBreakLIVE with guest Chef Kylie Garcia, known as Vegan Coach Kylie, who will take us through the steps to make this totally scrumptious meal, perfect for lunch or dinner, especially when time is limited. Let’s take a look at how it’s done…
Teaching Others To Live A Vibrant, Healthy Life
Due to a profound healing experience that began with plant-based nutrition, Kylie Gail Garcia became interested in how she could help others live vibrantly through movement, nutrition, mindfulness, and lifestyle. She is now a Vegan Health Coach, Detox Specialist, Fitness Professional, YouTube Content Creator & Animal Rights Activist.
Making Vegan Tacos From Burgers?
Why not just use your favorite plant-based burger as your vegan taco “meat”? It’s the easiest way to make a great taco with little effort. Kylie used one of her favorite healthy brands, Sunshine plant-based burger. She tops her tacos with all the right fixins’, including Miyoko’s scallion cream cheese. Cream cheese on your tacos? Yes, it’s delicious. I mean let’s be real, cream cheese goes with pretty much anything. At least in my humble opinion (LOL).
Healthy GF/Oil-Free Vegan Sunburger Tacos!
- 6-8 corn Tortillas
- 2 Sunshine Burger Southwest Plant Burgers
- 1-2 Tbsp Miyoko’s scallion cream cheese
- 1/2 a romaine heart finely chopped
- 1-2 avocados cubed
- 1/2 c. fresh salsa
- 2-3 thinly sliced radishes
- 3/4 c. grape tomatoes quartered (add salt & pepper, if desired)
- 1/4 c. diced white onion
- 1 lime cut into 8 pieces
- Hot sauce if desired
- Place two burger patties in a large skillet on medium heat. At the same time, heat a comal (cast iron skillet) and begin heating tortillas, watching carefully that you don’t burn them. Once the patties have defrosted enough, begin breaking them up into small crumbles. Heat until the burgers have a little bit of chew to them and aren’t mushy anymore.
- Begin building tacos by spreading a small amount of Miyoko’s scallion cream cheese in the center of the tortilla. Then add a couple of spoonfuls of burger crumbles over the top. Finish with romaine, avocado, fresh salsa, radishes, tomatoes, and onion. Serve immediately with lime wedges and hot sauce, to taste.
- Makes 2 servings, about 3-4 tacos each. Enjoy!
Tacos For Lunch, Can’t Go Wrong
It’s Taco Tuesday time so get cookin’! Give this recipe a try, and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.